Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TGIF!

I'm loving this rain.  It's such a nice break.

We're going out for our anniversary dinner tonight.  I'm so excited!  Rockwells, here I come!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TGIF!

• Lucky you! Happy annniversary!

I was at work until 9:30 last night. I'm so tired this morning. On the plus side, DH cleaned while I was at work and he was home alone. Love when he does that! 

• image WendyGR:

Lucky you! Happy annniversary!

I was at work until 9:30 last night. I'm so tired this morning. On the plus side, DH cleaned while I was at work and he was home alone. Love when he does that! 

Thanks!

I wish DH would clean more when I'm not home.  He does sometime, but not as often as I'd like.  Stick out tongue

• Yay, awesome for you guys, Wop!!

Love to come home to a clean house... that is so nice. :)

• I'm so torn about what to do with this cat situation. I'm just praying that someone will come and adopt it...but they only give them 7 days there before they kill them. I've been thinking of getting it and taking it to the horse ranch that I ride at and just let it live with the other barn cats.... but that isn't that great of a life either. WWYD?
  • Happy wet Friday all.

Teach: I'm not sure what I would do. Not think about it? I suppose you could take it to the barn only because its chances of living would be better. On another note I didn't know you rode horses.

I would love it if DH cleaned the house for me. I find it easier to clean when he boys are not around which isn't that often.

No plans for the weekend yet. If SS goes with his Grandpa then DH and I might do a cheap date night otherwise just the same old same old.  

• I wish my husband would surprise clean (he does do dishes & vacuum, but only on his schedule).  Instead he left me a note this morning saying that the cat puked & then the reasons he didn't clean it.  That was lovely!  I get his reasoning, since she's been sick & I need to know what to tell the vet.  Seriously, though, take a photo if you have to & then clean it up! 

This rain is screwing with my plans since I wanted to get some sun printing done for an entry into an art show/fundraiser.  Of all the days it had to be rainy & gloomy, it is the two days I had to work on this project!

Anniversary dinners are fun!  Sometimes we meet for a happy hour on Fridays but they seem to be getting fewer & farther between over here.  The one we used to really like now ends at 5, which doesn't help if you work till 5!

• Happy Anniversary TW! Hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Rainy rainy. Makes you want to snuggle on the couch. Good day for soup/chili too. 

Anniversary
  • Happy Anniversary TW!!  Have fun at Rockwells!

I want to be snuggling on my couch right now... I have not been able to warm up today... my feet and hands are freezing!  I'm "sunggling" up to a mug of hot chocolate right now, hopefully that will help. Soooo glad it's Friday!

Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • Wohoo it's Friday. I have to help a friend move tonight - hopefully the rain sucks. I don't know if you all can help out or not somehow (or know of a place that she can get to asap), but my friend who is moving had unforseen bills that came up before this, as in yesterday, and she doesn't have enough to pay for day care, gas money for next week, or to buy groceries and supplies for her new place. The groceries and the things that she needs to get like cleaner, trash basket, etc. is what I am worried the most about. She has gone to family members and friends and no one can help her out. I unfortunately can't so I don't know what to do/

• image charitylynne_1979:

Wohoo it's Friday. I have to help a friend move tonight - hopefully the rain sucks. I don't know if you all can help out or not somehow (or know of a place that she can get to asap), but my friend who is moving had unforseen bills that came up before this, as in yesterday, and she doesn't have enough to pay for day care, gas money for next week, or to buy groceries and supplies for her new place. The groceries and the things that she needs to get like cleaner, trash basket, etc. is what I am worried the most about. She has gone to family members and friends and no one can help her out. I unfortunately can't so I don't know what to do/

A lot of local churches have food pantries open during the week where she should be able to get some basics. 

• image TheWop:
    image charitylynne_1979:

Wohoo it's Friday. I have to help a friend move tonight - hopefully the rain sucks. I don't know if you all can help out or not somehow (or know of a place that she can get to asap), but my friend who is moving had unforseen bills that came up before this, as in yesterday, and she doesn't have enough to pay for day care, gas money for next week, or to buy groceries and supplies for her new place. The groceries and the things that she needs to get like cleaner, trash basket, etc. is what I am worried the most about. She has gone to family members and friends and no one can help her out. I unfortunately can't so I don't know what to do/

A lot of local churches have food pantries open during the week where she should be able to get some basics. 

I have suggested some options to her so we'll see what she does.

• What is everyone doing tonight?

It's raining here...no plans as of yet. I should clean the house but I have no desire to do that today.

• image charitylynne_1979:

I was going to suggest call 211, I think this is Ottawa Co: http://www.referweb.net/SeniorResources/     This link looks like it covers Kent:  http://hwmuw.org/211.php  They'll have a list of resources in the area that can help with the various basic needs.

Otherwise, cleaning products don't have to be expensive.  Just get/give some white vinegar & baking soda.  They're more effective at disinfecting than many expensive products.  When I moved after my internship I got a lot of very basic home supplies at the dollar store.  They were enough to get me through until my business took off.  The goodwill type stores are good for this as well.

• The thing she has NO MONEY for ANYTHING.

• This rain has sucked all my energy away. 

Has anybody seen the book "Weird Michigan"? We have some crazy stuff in this state of ours.

I'm thinking its going to be a manwhich night. I don't want to have to think that much about making dinner. 

• image Deeder522:

This rain has sucked all my energy away. 

Has anybody seen the book "Weird Michigan"? We have some crazy stuff in this state of ours.

I'm thinking its going to be a manwhich night. I don't want to have to think that much about making dinner. 

Nope never heard of it.

• Just finished up my phone re-evalation for our Bridge card and insurance for SS. I just need to send a few piece of info over and then wait to hear.