Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dyson or Roomba?

The great debate at our house right now is which vacuum we should get to replace our dying Hoover. I want a Dyson and DH wants a Roomba. I would appreciate hearing pros and cons from anyone who has one or the other. Thank you.
Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dyson or Roomba?

• We just gave away our Roomba to Goodwill a few weeks ago.  I wish I never bought it.  It doesn't replace a regular vacuum cleaner.  Maybe it's good to use inbetween actual vacuum cleanings but I'm not that meticulus and it scares the cat.

• I have the large version of the dyson ball and it is incredible. We actually returned a ton of wedding gifts just so we could get it. We originally bought a crappy cheap vaccum and it was horrible. When we got the dyson it was incredible how much more dirt it picked up. You will think your carpets are clean and then you run the dyson over them and you will have a full cannister. I have had it for 2 years and it still runs like a gem. It was a great investment and definitely worth it. It's nice to because the attachments are so easy to use and the vaccum is real easy to clean.
  • I'm a big fan of my dyson ball. Got it in 2008 and still have no problems. Works great. My SIL has a roomba and she says it's good for keeping the dog hair down.

• Dyson all the way, you may pay more but its worth every penny
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • We love our Dyson!  We have 2 cats and it really gets rid of the fur they leave everywhere.  
  • Dyson is the best!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have an extremely hairy dog, but not an extremely hairy house, thanks to my dyson! I love that thing! I can't believe we lived without it!
  • Roombas are a waste of money.  They're fun to watch (a la Gilmore Girls) for about 5 minutes, but they don't really clean anything.  I would love a Dyson; my BFF got one for her 30th birthday and it was simply amazing how much it was able to pick up!