Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need Help with Cocktail Recipe

We're having our first holiday party at our house (woo hoo!) next weekend and in need of a speciality cocktail. Here's what we're having so far:

Wine- we have collected quite a few bottles we need to drink

Santa's Hot Coco- Peppermint Schnapps w/ Hot Coco

Beer -

I need a cold mixed drink that would be easy to pre mix prior to the party. Any suggestions, or websites you could send me to would be great!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/250859]
[img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/250859/ttc.png[/img]
[/url]

TTC #1 since 10/2008.
Progesterone April 2011

Re: Need Help with Cocktail Recipe

• How about something sweet like maybe a punch made with some rum or vodka (depending on your taste)...  you can make a pretty good one in a large punch bowl ahead of time with using ginger ale, hawaiian punch, your choice of alcohol, and add some sherbet ice cream right before you put the punch bowl out.  This could also be good because a punch bowl is a nice "serve yourself" sort of thing.

You could also go with the old holiday standby...  spiked egg nog, but that is a little heavy for some people.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • If you need something that is pre-mixed I would definitely suggest egg nog.
    If you can make just a few cocktails at a time throughout the party then maybe you would like Jack Frost Martinis. 4 parts vanilla vodka, 1 part peppermint schnapps, 1 part godiva white. As a bonus, vanilla vodka is very easy to make in about two days?you could pass the drink off as your specialty!
  • I'm making a champagne punch and eggnog for our holiday party.?
  • What about one of those frozen drinks buckets? I use those pretty often and they are pretty mild for those who dont want to get too hammered. You can prepare it in the bucket the night before then just scoop it into fancy martini glasses for your guests with a garnish. They are pretty reasonable too...you get a lot of drinks out of one. They're like $10 plus the small bottle of alcohol you add to it. You can prepare it ahead of time too! They have so many different kinds too...margarita, cosmos, fuzzy navel, etc.