Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Toronto?

Hello,

I've never been to toronto before and I'd like to plan an overnight. we are driving thru so ideally I want to stay in a cool hotel and walk to some decent restaurants, etc. shop, maybe see a few sites?

what is a good area to get the general vibe in say 24 hours?

any quick tips and recommendations are appreciated!

My heart is as open as the sky.
Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Toronto?

• dh and i stayed at the ramada (parking garage underneath) on bloor I think it was. if it was 'cool' or not I dont know. it was super clean, conveneint to highway and a good location. it was a block or 2 from youngue (sp) st and there's tons of restaurants a block or 2 away. they have a subway (only 2 lines) and between that and just walking you can see a ton.
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • cool, thank you!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you're anywhere on the metro, you'll be fine. Bloor is the main E-W street on the north side, Queen the main E-W on the south; Spadina's the main N-S on the west side, Yonge the main N-S on the east. Anything within the Bloor-Spadina-Queen-Yonge square is "downtown", heavily covered by public transit (get a day pass - works out more cost effective if you're hopping on & off more than 3 times), and has most of the stuff you'd want to see.

Depending on what kind of food you're after, there's some great stuff - on Bloor close to Yonge, across from the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum), there's a great breakfast joint called Over Easy, and a fantastic pho place called Pho Hung. There are a few Korean BBQ restaurants, one on Yonge south of Bloor and one on Queen west of Yonge.

You can also walk around the University of Toronto campus; a lot of TV shows are filmed in Toronto and use chunks of U of T & all of Toronto for filming sites (Blood Ties, Warehouse 13, Covert Affairs just to name 3 I remember off the top of my head).

The Eaton Centre is a mall that has 2 subway stops, more or less one on each end (the subway down Yonge - Queen is one end, I can't remember the other end) - it's a HUGE mall. 

#1: BFP 24/7/12 - MMC confirmed 28/8, D&E 29/8 #2: BFP 12/2/13 - fingers crossed! BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Sheraton on Queen W. or the Hilton on University Ave. would put you right in the middle of the action - you can walk west down Queen street for some fun shops and great restaurants, or walk east to the Eaton centre. South is the waterfront, CN tower, historic distillery district. There's also Kensington market and Chinatown nearby if you want something different.