October 2011 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I'm starting a new business...

Where you pay someone to sit in your apartment and wait for the cable/internet person to show up so you can go to work that day :P  It looks like I'm going to be without cable/internet in my new apartment for 2 weeks until H comes down. Ugh. Luckily the apt clubhouse has internet so I'm not completely SOL.

Oh and greetings from South Carolina :) We drove 12 hours today. 6 more to go tomorrow. Thankfully H and I got to drive together. My MIL seemed to think it would be me and her in a car for 18 hours. She and FIL agreed to drive the truck and I still have my sanity!

We're at a hole in the wall hotel. My ILs have an obsession with Cracker Barrel. Whenever they travel to FL (visiting family) they stop at places with CBs. So when we asked them to help us move MIL exclaimed she'd get her Cracker Barrel map. When we were trying to pick a spot to stop for the night, they named 2 exits off 95 that have CBs to be our choices. The shiiiitty hotel we're at is right across the street from one and of course we had dinner there.

I'm trying to remind myself that after Sunday they will be 1000 miles away. Harsh, but this year we lived with them and then lived only a mile away in a house they owned so they stopped by whenever they felt like it - including EVERY DAY this week as we prepared to move. I was relieved the other day when my SIL was surprised at how ridiculously clingy they've (MIL/FIL) become to us and that we need to get away from them. I'm glad it's not just me thinking that. They need to cut the cord. They're already talking about how they want to come visit us in FL ASAP and stay in our guest bedroom for 2 weeks. No. No. No.

Sorry, this turned into a vent. It's been a long day!

Re: I'm starting a new business...

• Yes, you must remind yourself how far apart you'll soon be!
    <a href="http://www.kristyanddon.weebly.com">-[Wedding Recap]-
    </a>
  • One can only eat SO much Country Fried Steak and Hashbrown Casserole. ;)  That's a pretty funny obsession.  Sorry you had to stay in a crap hotel.

Excellent idea for the new business!

Safe travels to you guys!  It's still so exciting!!

• I would definitely hire a person to do that!

They will be far away soon and you'll be in your new place very soon!! :)

Anniversarymy read shelf:
    Amanda P's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image InkedMegs:

One can only eat SO much Country Fried Steak and Hashbrown Casserole. ;)  That's a pretty funny obsession.  Sorry you had to stay in a crap hotel.

Excellent idea for the new business!

Safe travels to you guys!  It's still so exciting!!

*Like*

This move sounds like it needed to happen yesterday. Glad it's happening before someone gets killed. ;) 

• image erollis:
    *Like*

This move sounds like it needed to happen yesterday. Glad it's happening before someone gets killed. ;) 

Yes it did. They were driving me crazy all day unloading the truck yesterday. They kept introducing themselves to our new neighbors (all people in their 20s-30s so younger like us. It was a GREAT first impression). Finally when FIL asked one of them if they'd want to help carry stuff we yelled at him to cut it out and let us meet people on our own time.

They are nice people but they are socially awkward and oblivious so a lot of things they were saying yesterday about the area or our apartment sounded rude and negative. They called my sister-in-law to "check in with someone at home" and they're telling her about how people drive like idiots here..... not the first thing you want to say when people are asking about our new home! I was finally so stressed out I asked H if we could send them to a hotel for the night so I could work on unpacking without them sitting around the apartment. We have no couch so FIL was laying on the floor in the middle of our living room.

Thank goodness we got rid of them so I could breathe and we could unpack and set up how we wanted without their "helpful" comments and questions. Whenever they question something they don't realize they say it in a "Well why the hell would you do that?" kinda way.

They are gone now but so is H. I thought I was gonna cry when he left but I feel good about our new adventure and I'm just excited for him to be down here for good. I picked out an apartment online without seeing it in person and we really lucked out. It's so nice. Now I just hope my new job goes as smoothly as our move... I'm exhausted from driving and moving all weekend but everything's really fallen into place so far :)

• I'm glad everything is falling into place so far!  Good luck!

Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

• Ditto! Hoping everything goes smooth for you!
    Anniversary

• Yeah, great idea! :-) I hate waiting around for the cable person.

Sorry your in-laws are so clingy, but I have no in-laws at all (both are deceased) so even though they may get on your nerves I sometimes wish I had some to gripe about. Maybe H thinks my parents are too clingy but they help us out a lot babysitting my furbaby and all during the day when we are at work :)

Hope your move to SC goes well - H's aunt lives there, but we've never been there. I have no idea what a Cracker Barrel is, but I do see a cheese called that in the stores around here :)