Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Roc Moms or cake lovers...

DS's first birthday is coming up and I was going to just get him a cake from Wegmans, but I looked at their book today and I didn't see anything I liked. The closest thing to cute was a Winnie the Pooh cake.

I don't want to go overboard, but I'd like a little sumpin sumpin for my little punkin punkin. 

Suggestions for bakeries or stores where I could get a decently cute cake without spending a fortune?

Re: Roc Moms or cake lovers...

• The Little Bakery does cute cakes (and they are yummy too!) but I'm not sure of non - wedding cake prices.  I know my friend got a birthday cake from there for her DH, so it' couldn't have been too outrageous because she's not the type to pay for really high priced things.
  • I'm not a Mom but I love cake-

We got our wedding cake from the Little Bakery after tasting a ton of cake.

Not sure of pricing for kids cakes but the wedding cake was pretty reasonable (and delicious!) 

image image image
  • The Little Bakery did our wedding cake. ?It was delicious! ?However, for non-wedding events I have used this woman who has a cake business out of her home. ?Her cakes are SO good and she can do any design you ask her to! ?She has a website and now I can't remember it. ?Let me know if you're interested and I can get it. ?You can see the cakes she's done. ?Her number is 315-926-4887. ? I just called her to do a shower cake for me, but unfortunately she's going out-of-town the week I need her :o(
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I forgot to add that her cakes are very reasonably priced.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do you know what kind of cake you are looking for?
  • We had our wedding cake, and other occasion cakes from Little bakery. Yum!