Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hello!

Hi! I've been a lurker for a little bit now. I used to be pretty active on MN and I figured I'd come and play here, too.

I'm Hattie. Married. We have a doggie, Dakota and a cat, Arson. I'm an Environmental Science student working on my BA for Fish and Wildlife Managment. I volunteer at a wildlife rehab center and have a lot of fun feeding baby bunnies, squirrels, possums and a variety of birds.

I love to read, hate grammar. So, I will make lots of those kind of mistakes : ) I apologize in advance.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Re: Hello!

• Hi and welcome!

What are your favorite books?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image benmel31:

Hi and welcome!

What are your favorite books?

Thanks! That's the hardest question.

The one book that I can read over and over and still appreciate is My Name is Asher Lev, Chaim Potok.

Others are Snowflower and the Secret Fan, Lisa See. The Hobbit, Tolkien.

Harry Potter : )

I'm better with genres, I can almost always be happy with a historical fiction.

• Welcome!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Welcome!  (I have to tell you I'm envious of your studies.  One of my if-i-could-do-it-all-over dreams would be to go to Forestry school.)
  • image One Sweet Shannon:
    Welcome!  (I have to tell you I'm envious of your studies.  One of my if-i-could-do-it-all-over dreams would be to go to Forestry school.)

Hi. I'm really loving my choice. I've always wanted to work with environmental/wildlife issues and this is perfect. I took a Forestry course a few quarters ago and loved it.

With my degree I can fit in with so many careers which is great for me, since my interests are so vast.

• RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Oh ... oh ... historical fiction.  Love it.  Which era is your favorite?  

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• image RevJen:
    Oh ... oh ... historical fiction.  Love it.  Which era is your favorite?  

Oh no! You want me to narrow it down? I am drawn to anything with a strong leading lady in a frilly dress : )

I think I'm more drawn to locations than eras. China, France, and people involved with English royalty really pull me in.

I have very eclectic taste when it comes to books. I have memberships to three local libraries.

• RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    You should try the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik then.  It's historical fiction about the Napoleonic Wars between France and England (with a trip to China and Africa thrown in so far).  But with dragons.  It's fun.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• image RevJen:
    You should try the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik then.  It's historical fiction about the Napoleonic Wars between France and England (with a trip to China and Africa thrown in so far).  But with dragons.  It's fun.

Ooh, it does sound fun. I will write that down for my next trip to the library. Thanks!

• Welcome!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Jim & Kristen ~ August 19, 2006
    Follow Me on Pinterest