Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NaNo WINNERS: Check In!

Check in here when you pass that 50,000 word mark and let us all know...is your story done? Or not?
image image image
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: NaNo WINNERS: Check In!

• Me!

I'm not done yet, though. 

I'm missing a chapter in the middle, a chunk of a chapter somewhere else in the middle, and at least two more chapters to get to my ending. I REALLY want to finish my midnight...we'll see.

image image image
  • I'm so glad you posted this, I was wondering what happens if you have 50K words but are not done. You dont have to be done to submit?

I'm right at 50K and I'm only a little over halfway done. I'm also missing a few small parts in the middle.

• You can still submit and win even if you aren't finished!
    image image image
  • I didn't do NaNo this year, but I just wanted to say congrats to you girls. What an accomplishment!
  • I'm Nano ignorant.  After the submissions is the a contest/judgement and someone gets published?

image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • imageLoveofjoe11:

I'm Nano ignorant.  After the submissions is the a contest/judgement and someone gets published?

Nope. It's just a challenge to see if you can do it. If you can write 50,000 words in the month of November you are a winner. 

image image image
  • imageYoung_Love:
    imageLoveofjoe11:

I'm Nano ignorant.  After the submissions is the a contest/judgement and someone gets published?

Nope. It's just a challenge to see if you can do it. If you can write 50,000 words in the month of November you are a winner. 

That's awesome and quite an accomplisment, congrats everyone!

image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • Yeah!  Congrats ladies!  Are you going to let any of your friends read your piece?
  • I'm so close, 49,716 so I'll hopefully finish within the next 30 - 45 minutes. Squee!
    image image
  • YAY!  I hit my 50,000 word mark but I'm not done with the story.  I'm only about 2/3 done, so there is no way I will finish it by tonight.  I think I'm going to step away from it for the holidays, and come back to try and finish it in January.  Congrats to everyone!!!
  • ME! :)

My story still needs some work, I need to go back and develop my male main character a little more...he's like a jerk for no reason...there's got to be more to him than that!

Milk & Honey Food Blog

"Nation, I always try to eat locally - in that if something's within arm's reach, I jam it in my mouth." ~Stephen Colbert
  • Woo hoo! Just crossed the finish line! And yes, I am an AW and did just put the ginormous web badge in my siggy. Embarrassed I'm trying hard to restrain myself from jumping up and down like a little kid in the coffee shop I'm sitting and writing in.

I'm probably between halfway and two thirds of the way through my story and I'm going to keep plugging away. 

Congrats to everyone else who won too! I'm so glad I did this.  Its been such a great experience and I'm glad that I've been able to share it with all of you guys here. Thanks for all of your ideas and encouragement when I was stuck!

image image
  • I win then :)

I'll probably let some people read it once I've edited it over and over again. I read a few parts and its really rough still.

• I hit the threshold a couple of days ago, but wrote the last official chapter on Saturday morning. I have much revising ahead of me, but the first draft is done!
  • I was a shameless AW when I crossed the line, and I too have the obnoxious icon in my siggy. My story isn't finished yet. I'm hoping to have the last few chapters knocked out by midnight. ?Then I think I have eons of revisions ahead of me. ?I think I might actually want someone to read it and give me feedback, but I really don't want anyone I *know* to do it. ?We'll see, I guess.
    imageimageimage
  • I can't believe that I'm able to post this, but I WON!  I wasn't able to write a single word for most of the last week because we were traveling, but the second we got home I essentially chained myself to my laptop and manged to crank out almost 20,000 words in just 3 days. My story is all but finished--my villain needs to finish monologuing, get killed, and then there's the resolution to deal with.  I should be all wrapped up by midnight, though, making today a true NaNo triumph.

Off to celebrate!  Wine and peanut butter pretzels for everyone!

28/100
    LittleL 8/10/07
    Baby E 11/27/10

Check out my makeup and reading blog:
    Books and Beauty
  • I wish I were amongst the winners, but alas, my life has turned in a different direction. Wanted to say Congrats and "hooray!" for all the hard work put in by those who perservered (omg sp) through this whole month!
    imageimage
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats to all of you!  That is a great accomplishment to be proud of!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats to all of you! I am insanely jealous. I made it to 27K. My life as it is just doesn't have room to pump out 50K in a month. It made me realize I need to "trim the fat" in a lot of areas of my life...
    Hardworking mom to 2 great kids: J 9/04 and L 11/10

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/wqzy9i.jpg[/IMG]