Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Birthday Party Thoughts?

So, A's 3rd bday is coming up and we are having a small party in our backyard. There will be about 25 people there(adults and kids). This is what I plan on serving. Will it be enough? Is there something I should add or remove?

BBQ Pork sliders

Crockpot mac n cheese

fruit and veggie trays with dip

chips

For dessert, I am making 2 jello cakes. One pineapple and one strawberry.

For drinks, I am going to have beer, a few soda, a pineapple punch and cherry limeaides.

Robin
<><
Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

Re: Birthday Party Thoughts?

• I think that sounds great and am looking forward to eating all your yummy food! Surprise
    Holy cow, we're going to have a little sister!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • That sounds delicious. Can I come?
    Long time nestie/bumpie, just a new name!
    DS1 - 8/2009
    DS2 - 7/2012
    July 2012 January Siggy Challenge - all grown up!

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/104kdwp.jpg[/IMG]

my read shelf:
  • Sounds good, but maybe add a drink like iced tea that isn't sweet.
    [IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • Sounds yummy! I might add a dessert that isn't jello in case some people don't like jello, like cookies or a sheet cake.

• Jello cake is actually cake, it just has jello in it and it makes it really moist. It's really good! Thanks for the ideas.
    Robin
    <><

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• In that case it sounds perfect! (And now I'm off to google jello cake!)

• I think that is perfect.  I always try to do more and end up with a ton of leftovers so I think what you are offering is perfect. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Love Jello and Pudding poke cakes! So yummy. Your menu sounds great! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree a pitcher of water or iced tea for a non sweet drink and it sounds perfect. Now I need to find this amazing cake you speak of...
  • http://www.sunnysideuprecipes.com/2009/11/jello-cake-aka-poke-cake.html

I made one with pineapple jello and mixed crushed pineapple in the cool whip. Very tasty!

Robin
    <><

• Wow - that pineapple cake looks amazing! I think your menu is great for that many people. One thing - I went to a Luau yesterday and with the heat, people went through 3x as much water as anything else.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• I am dropping one of the punch drinks for unsweet iced tea and will have a huge thing of water.

I appreciate all the ideas!

Robin
    <><