Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Are you there Vodka???

I just finished this book and found it to be painful.  I had just read a bunch of heavy books in a row so thought something light might be nice.  But I just felt like she was trying soooooo hard to be cute/clever and she just wasn't.  The "midget" section was just awful- yes, we get that you think midget = baby, you can stop now.

I just read a few reviews on goodreads and everyone seemed to like it, so I guess I'm just a weirdo!

Re: Are you there Vodka???

• Have you ever watched her show? Do you like her personality? I think she's one of those people you either really like, or just don't, and I suspect her book would reflect that. I don't mind her, but I doubt I'd enjoy her books very much.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, never watched her show.  Her name rung a bell, but I wasn't really familiar with her- just saw her book mentioned a bunch of here so figured I'd try it.  Oh well.
  • Thanks for posting. I thought it sounded good, but now not so much. I won't waste my time!
    Can I marry them all?

• I know several ppl who thought it was hilarious but I don't really usually read humor literature so I wasn't sure...now I'm more on the fence! (like, I read running with scissors & thought it was really sad, and other people thought it was hilarious...!?)
  • I am getting the same feeling from My Horizontal Life. It's ok, but I am not loving it. I have Are you there Vodka from the library so we shall see.
    image image image
  • Eh, I can't really stand to watch her, so I don't think I'd like this at all. After hearing reviews, I doubt I'll be reading it.?
  • I don't mind her, so I knew of her when I got Are You there on audio. I hate reading humor books and would rather someone read them to me as they are intended to be said. I think (know) I appreciated this book more because she read it aloud as if she were telling me a story on the phone or something.
    image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I might have laughed once in the entire book. Not my favorite. =(