Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Unique decorating ideas

I need unique ideas to decorate for my daughters 2nd birthday party, her party is December 6th.  I am using x-mas theme, so my decorations for christmas will be the bulk of the decorating, but I need something to be special.

Re: Unique decorating ideas

• I know she's only gonna be 2, but for someone with a December birthday, it has always been a pet peeve of mine to have anything Christmas related (decorations, wrapping paper, etc.) for my birthday.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • What about doing a snow princess theme instead of just straight Christmas theme... that way you can play up the princess aspect since what 2 year old doesn't like princesses and the snow aspect will be easy to do with the holidays. 

Hang paper snowflakes from the ceiling,  purchase those cute snow globes you can put a picture in for favors (you can find them for 1 buck or 2), Use Coconut on the cake to look like snow, play pin the tail on the snowman, etc

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My suggestion would be to have a great cake.  Any ideas on what you will be doing?

(also a december birthday and would be miffed about the christmas theme .. but since she's 2 years old I think you have a free pass for this year)

• You could do a Candyland theme and mix that up with your Christmas decorations since they use gingerbread men, peppermints, candy canes, etc. I think it could look really cute!
  • Going with the Snow Princess theme, a really cute idea would be to make tu-tu's for her and any other little girls coming for the party.  My cousin's little girl just turned 2 so we threw a "pretty pretty princess" party and made tu-tus.  Take a long piece of ribbon that would fit around her waist, and then buy a yard or two of tulle, cut it in strips, and tie them around the ribbon.  It will get as full as you want it, and you can use white, or red & green tulle even to make it more Christmassy.

Have fun!! :)

• I'm a Christmas Eve baby, and I love it!  I love Christmas decorations, and never got sick of the X-mas themed birthday. I'm sure you have a few years before you need to worry about your daughters preferences.  So for now...take the easy route out!  Stick with the x-mas theme =)