GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

9.375 days

2»

Re: 9.375 days

• sayruhsayruh member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    image TinyTRex321:
    image sayruh:
    image TinyTRex321:

image sayruh:
    I only got 12 days of paid leave from DB when I was pregnant with Z.  It sucked.  

Did you go back to work after Z was born?

Yes, I had to.  There were tears, but DH's salary at the time was just not enough.  But we couldn't afford day care so I worked evenings and weekends when DH was home to look after Z.  I'm a full time SAHM now because my husband is awesome and got a super awesome promotion last year.

Awesome husbands and promotions are always good. Big Smile

He is pretty spectacular.  

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/duckie830/Picnikcollage2.jpg[/IMG]

S and J 9/9/06 * Added Z-baby 9/28/08 * Completed our family with LK on 12/13/11

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/o/oc14wj362.png[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/o/oqx8l21ug.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e28b9]Charting to TTA[/URL]

**IRL/GP sister to pb&fluff**
  • I will have a grand total of 3 days from my sick bank. Due to SIL's wedding and starting my job just 6 mos. ago, my meager vacation and sick days have been eaten up already, not that I had many to accrue anyway. Luckily the State of CA has a fantastic disability program.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't graduate until August, and the earliest I could start work is September. At most places that I have looked at, you have to work a year before FMLA kicks in. So I'm looking into getting a PRN job since we've been living off DH's salary while I've been in school. That way, I can bank some money before baby is born but I don't have to worry about losing my job, and I can work as much or as little as I want to.
    <div align=
  • AGsWifeAGsWife member
    10000 Comments Third Anniversary Combo Breaker
    image jenny_seitz:
    image pb&fluff:
    image AGsWife:

image jenny_seitz:
    I only got 30-someodd hours of sick time paid out.  I was out of PTO for the year but had 2 weeks worth built up.  But those 80 hours wouldn't have rolled over until April so I didn't get them even though I earned them.  I would have had to return to work for the amount of time between p's birth and my anniversary in order to get the money. F that noise.

I'm so dumb, I don't even understand this paragraph.  

LOL me too.  My brain is mush.

HA!

I prob didn't explain very well.

My work anniversary was April 17.  My FMLA leave would have started on March 14.  Anytime you go on leave, they "freeze" your hours.  So I could have returned to work AFTER April 17th but still not gotten my hours.  I would have to work until I made up the ~ 1 month of leave and then they would roll over for me to use.  

We earn PTO through hours worked (like you mentioned, Becks), but we don't get those hours to use until we hit our anniversary with the company.  So I earned 80 hours from April 17, 2010 - April 17, 2011 but didn't have access to them until April 18, 2011.  Make sense?

Too much to read. You stay home now and make cakes. That seems much more awesome than any other job. I'm going to stay in my naive bubble. :) 

?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Meinschatz11:
    I don't graduate until August, and the earliest I could start work is September. At most places that I have looked at, you have to work a year before FMLA kicks in. So I'm looking into getting a PRN job since we've been living off DH's salary while I've been in school. That way, I can bank some money before baby is born but I don't have to worry about losing my job, and I can work as much or as little as I want to.

it's not most places, it's all places. FMLA is gov't regulated. you have to work 1 year (or a total of X hours, i never remember the exact amount of hours though) before qualifying. it also has to be a business of 50+ employees. if they employer fewer than 50 employees they are not required to follow FMLA regulations (a nice glitch i caught up with while reading up on FMLA last year).

Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• bhead81bhead81 member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I completely understand.  I have a 10 days paid when B was born.  Since I was new with the company and I only had 2 paid weeks off and tons of adoption expenses I agreed to take 2.5 weeks off (2 weeks paid - 1/2 not).  I ended up going in the hole an extra week as they made me take an extra week off rather than let me work from the hotel as they originally agreed to let me do (they would not let me work until I was back home and could work from my remote office which was stupid - what difference did it make).  This came back to bite me in the butt when they laid me off as they took the hours I was in the negative out of my last paycheck.  Needless to say I was not happy when I was laid off and only ended up with a paycheck that had 10 hrs on it!
    Brenda & Phillip 10/10/2009

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012, adoption finalized 12/27/12

IVF - Sept 2013, beta #1 54.5, Beta #2 209
    S/PAIF welcome

• image carcrashheart:

image Meinschatz11:
    I don't graduate until August, and the earliest I could start work is September. At most places that I have looked at, you have to work a year before FMLA kicks in. So I'm looking into getting a PRN job since we've been living off DH's salary while I've been in school. That way, I can bank some money before baby is born but I don't have to worry about losing my job, and I can work as much or as little as I want to.

it's not most places, it's all places. FMLA is gov't regulated. you have to work 1 year (or a total of X hours, i never remember the exact amount of hours though) before qualifying. it also has to be a business of 50+ employees. if they employer fewer than 50 employees they are not required to follow FMLA regulations (a nice glitch i caught up with while reading up on FMLA last year).

I will have been at my job 11 months by the time I'm due, but luckily my boss is willing to still give me the 3 months and hold my job for me.  We had talked about this when I told her I was pregnant and due in August, so I'm hoping the same applies.

Good idea on the per diem job.  I had planned to do that (it pays more, etc), but it didn't work out that way.  :(  I took a full time one instead.

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3