Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thursday Randoms

Morning everyone!

Hannah and I were going to go to the zoo with a friend today but the cool weather and forcasted rain has put that on hold till next week. Not sure what our plans will be today. Maybe we will go to the Children's Museum - I should get some use out of my membership.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thursday Randoms

• TheWopTheWop member
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    I'm so over getting quotes.  I wish someone would just tell me who to go with for our new furnace.  Argh.  We know who we don't want to use, but there are 3 companies who we're still considering. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TheWopTheWop member
    You know what I hate?  Waking up 15 minutes before my alarm is scheduled to go off.  So annoying.  Why couldn't I have slept those extra 15 minutes? 
  • So, yesterday, my husband had a day off and wanted to get my car washed and vaccuum it out... so we swapped cars for the day.  At around 5:15pm, as I was driving his car to a meeting after work, it stalled out at Michigan and Fuller, so if you were held up in this, I'm so sorry!  It was a frustrating experience!  I was alone so all I kept thinking was, I can't push this car and steer it at the same time.  I called my husband, called my MIL, got some help from some nice gentlemen to get it at least to the corner so others could get around.  We got it towed and now we are facing finding a new (or at least "new to us") vehicle.  We have put way too much money into this car already...

Needless to say, I never made it to my meeting (a planning meeting for Relay for Life) and I felt terrible!!! I missed the last meeting for no good reason at all, pregnancy brain, I just completely forgot about it!  Now missing this one too... Embarrassed

Today, I have an ultrasound... part of the sequential screen... ugh, I'm nervous, stressed, nauseated, and exhausted.... I need another 3 day weekend to catch up and get rest!  Hope everyone has a great day!

Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • I always wake up before my alarm...And I don't even have one at the moment! So instead I wake up anywhere between 15-30 min before B's alarm. I've been getting up and dressed with him so I don't get out of practice although it seems silly to get up, freshened and dressed just to sit on the couch. 

Morning! Where's summer? Please and thank you! 

Anniversary
  • TheWopTheWop member
    image elisabethb29:

So, yesterday, my husband had a day off and wanted to get my car washed and vaccuum it out... so we swapped cars for the day.  At around 5:15pm, as I was driving his car to a meeting after work, it stalled out at Michigan and Fuller, so if you were held up in this, I'm so sorry!  It was a frustrating experience!  I was alone so all I kept thinking was, I can't push this car and steer it at the same time.  I called my husband, called my MIL, got some help from some nice gentlemen to get it at least to the corner so others could get around.  We got it towed and now we are facing finding a new (or at least "new to us") vehicle.  We have put way too much money into this car already...

Needless to say, I never made it to my meeting (a planning meeting for Relay for Life) and I felt terrible!!! I missed the last meeting for no good reason at all, pregnancy brain, I just completely forgot about it!  Now missing this one too... Embarrassed

Today, I have an ultrasound... part of the sequential screen... ugh, I'm nervous, stressed, nauseated, and exhausted.... I need another 3 day weekend to catch up and get rest!  Hope everyone has a great day!

Boo for car troubles.  I've had a car die on me when I was alone and unable to push it out of the way before.  A super nice man helped me push it into a parking lot to get it out of the way of traffic. It's such a helpless feeling! 

Good luck on your u/s today! 

• Car troubles are no fun - especially when you are alone. And I hated waking up before my alarm. That extra 10-15 minutes makes a difference.

BnG - Any luck on the job hunt??

• Thanks for asking HM. Not much. I had an interview for a temp job but the lady said the client wanted someone who would be interested in going permanent at the end of the assignment.

We have savings(didn't want to dip in them but whatever) and the Bar is in...50 some odd days so we are just going to hold out until I take it. I'm drowning in my boredom already lol 

Anniversary
  • Well today is my liquid diet since colonoscopy is at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Blah.

• Noah and I just got back from an appointment to get new tires on my van.  *Fun*  Thankfully, Noah did really well.

Cars suck....you can't live with them, you can't live without them (at least, not very easily in this part of the country).  Sorry to hear about the car problems Elizabeth29. 

Waking up before an alarm is killer!:(

We need to do a daytime outing so we can get BnG out of her boredom!!

*****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I get to have a girls weekend this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited!  I am meeting up with one friend in Detroit, then we are driving to Columbus, OH to meet up with another friend.  I am so excited to get away.  I have never done anything like this and I am really needing it now that I have a toddler!  I am very fortunate to have a DH that is understanding of my need for a fun break.
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Stargirl, that trips sounds like FUN!! Good for you!

BnG, hopefully as soon as you pass the bar you will find the perfect fit for your new job!!

Charity - Tomorrow, or this evening for that matter, doesn't sound like much fun for you. Good luck. Hope they don't find anything but, I'm sure you would like some answers.

• Sorry for car troubles! That stinks.

BNG - you should considering volunteering at the Meijer Gardens. There is an orientation on June 12.

http://www.meijergardens.org/support_the_gardens/volunteer.php

I know they use a ton of volunteers at their concert series; however, I don't know if those are assignments are hard to come by, since you get to listen to the concert for free. They also have the local concerts on Tuesay nights. 

They also have a membership program for young professionals called Connections. They plan fun events. It might be a good way for you and B to meet people. 

• TheWopTheWop member

I just found out my stepdad got hit by a school bus while riding his bicycle this morning!  He'll be ok, just some scrapes and road rash.  Scary!

• ChymesChymes member

image TheWop:
    You know what I hate?  Waking up 15 minutes before my alarm is scheduled to go off.  So annoying.  Why couldn't I have slept those extra 15 minutes? 

That sounds awful! I don't think it's ever happened to me; if anything, I oversleep, which is probably just as bad.

• ChymesChymes member
    image TheWop:

I just found out my stepdad got hit by a school bus while riding his bicycle this morning!  He'll be ok, just some scrapes and road rash.  Scary!

Oh my goodness, how awful. I'm so glad he will be okay! Stories like this are why riding bikes in the road will always make me nervous. I know it's legal, but still..."share the road" is not something that all vehicle drivers agree with.

• So I officially started my stint as a SAHM this week. I'm trying to keep the girls on somewhat of a routine. I made a schedule for them and used pictures so they know what is going on.  I'm trying to do "circle time" two times a day where we will do their workbooks, flashcards, art project, or DVD/strorybooks from their former daycare. 

I'm making sure that Allison sticks with her routine of getting dressed first thing in the morning, so when we start school in the fall, it isn't a battle. She is great about getting dressed by herself before she comes out of her room. So, BNG, I think it is a good idea of stinking to your schedule.

Now, I just need to work on my patience level. I will be the first to admit that I suck at that.

• Thanks ladies!

I'll look into it GVSU.  

Anniversary
  • image TheWop:

Yikes! Glad to hear he will be ok.

• image TheWop:

Yikes! Glad to hear he will be ok.

• The girls want really want to ride a bus. So next week, I'm going to take them on a bus trip to Rivertown Mall. I think I will park along 44th street somewhere and we can take the bus there. I will have DH pick us up after he gets out of work. Hopefully they behave.
  • It is 63 degree in the house right now. I just kicked the heat on to get rid of the chill. 

I have a lack of motivation going on right now. I should quick run to the library but it just sounds like a lot of effort to me right now. I shouldn't have taken that nap this AM, I think it just ruined me. 

• image gvsubride05:
    The girls want really want to ride a bus. So next week, I'm going to take them on a bus trip to Rivertown Mall. I think I will park along 44th street somewhere and we can take the bus there. I will have DH pick us up after he gets out of work. Hopefully they behave.

They will have so much fun! 

My niece still talks about when I took her on a bus ride to Jersey Junction from our place almost 3 years ago. She rides a school bus everyday, but still thinks that city buses are so cool and wants to do it again this summer.  

• A city bus ride is on our list for the summer, too!

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • Oh, the bus scares me!! Haha.

I had never been on a public bus until college. After my first ride I called my mom and told her people talk to themselves on the bus and she needed to come get me asap so I could bring my car to school! Haha. I did ride a few times after that but normally not alone. Good to expose the kids to it early! Smile