Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wednesday randoms

Morning ladies! Noah woke up 2 hours early today. I am so tired! *yawn* I am SO taking a nap when he does today!
*****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wednesday randoms

• Morning back at you. I'm currently sitting in Meijers parking lot waiting for my purse to be returned to me. I forgot it in the cart and left and by the time I realized it and got back it was gone. No one turned it into Meijer so I called and made a police report and then 5 minutes later the police called me back saying someone had turned it in. Honest good people still exists.
  • So someone turned it into Meijer or the police? And if the police, how in the world did they leave with it?
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Stargirl - that's no fun!! I know the feeling! Maybe he will take an early nap so you can get some sleep sooner than later.

Deeder - Good to know there are still honest people out there!

I couldn't get on here yesterday for some reason. We had a pretty laid back weekend. Got some errands done and house cleaned. Enjoyed the hot weather but glad it is a little cooler this week. Our grass is fried - we are 1 of 2 houses in our subdivision w/o underground sprinkling so everyone else has green grass. Maybe next year we will put it in.

We were supposed to have friends over Monday but they called and said their daughter had a rash and didn't want to share incase it was something contagious. They took her to the doc yesterday - she has hand, foot, and mouth! Poor thing. SO thankful they didn't come over. But I still need to watch Hannah for it because the girls played together earlier in the week - during the likely incubation period. Hopefully we miss this one!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a hard time getting on yesterday as well. I sure hope Hannah doesn't get sick too! It is so contagious.:(
  • imageStargirl1975:
    So someone turned it into Meijer or the police? And if the police, how in the world did they leave with it?

Someone turned it in to the police stations. I was on the phone with my bank getting things canceled when the police called me back to let me know they had it.

Everything is still in it.  

• Good morning, pals!

Deeder, I hope all of the contents are in the purse.

Sorry to the tired mommas.  Two nights ago, one of our dogs was having a dream and woke me up with her noises, then I couldn't get back to sleep.  I'm certainly out of baby- less-sleep training; I was exhausted yesterday! 

Willa has 8 days left of kindergarten.  I'm really going to miss her teacher, she's been great!

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • imageDeeder522:

Phew.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • imageDeeder522:

imageStargirl1975:
    So someone turned it into Meijer or the police? And if the police, how in the world did they leave with it?

Someone turned it in to the police stations. I was on the phone with my bank getting things canceled when the police called me back to let me know they had it.

Glad everything is still in it. Makes you wonder what the situation was that made it end up at the police station and not at Meijer?
  • So I was typing a long message and somehow managed to delete it. Here's a paraphrasing:

Morning!

Yay purse back. Boo being tired. Hope you guys get some rest! No baies, don't get sick!

Staying in the city this weekend. Very surprised. Breakfast place recs??

I think we will drive by this one house we've been eyeing. Sigh. If I had a job, i'd seriously look into trying to get it.

Zucchini lasagna tonight! 

Anniversary
  • It was a restless night for me too. Ugh. I need sleep. 

I have my colonoscopy on Friday and have been getting prepared for it. I have beef broth ready and 2 containers of jello ready for tomorrow since I can only eat and drink liquids that you can see through - no red or purple dyes. Blah. Then tomorrow night I start drinking the nasty stuff and me and the toilet are going to become best friends. What a night it will be.

Today I am trying to eat what I kind and little amounts if any so I can be ready for tomorrow. Tonight I am hanging out with a friend so that will be nice.

• I have been so out of it lately!  So tired, so busy, my head feels like a blurr.  Yesterday was very busy, today not as much, which I'm so thankful for! 

I didn't get on TN at all yesterday, thus why I missed the GTKY post (but it's filled out now!)

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • I just finished another letter to my BFF. We are still waiting to hear if she was able to return to her unit or if she is still on medical. If she didn't return to her unit she would be "recycled" and placed into a different unit and her graduation dates would change. 
  • imageDeeder522:
    I just finished another letter to my BFF. We are still waiting to hear if she was able to return to her unit or if she is still on medical. If she didn't return to her unit she would be "recycled" and placed into a different unit and her graduation dates would change. 

what happened deeder? Don't know if I missed a post or not.

• imagecharitylynne_1979:

imageDeeder522:
    I just finished another letter to my BFF. We are still waiting to hear if she was able to return to her unit or if she is still on medical. If she didn't return to her unit she would be "recycled" and placed into a different unit and her graduation dates would change. 

She got Bronchitis and was taken out of her training unit last week Thursday and put on medial. She was suppose to be reevaluated yesterday to see if she was healthy enough to rejoin her group. We haven't heard yet and don't know when we will.

• imageDeeder522:
    imagecharitylynne_1979:

imageDeeder522:

She got Bronchitis and was taken out of her training unit last week Thursday and put on medial. She was suppose to be reevaluated yesterday to see if she was healthy enough to rejoin her group. We haven't heard yet and don't know when we will.

OHH OK. Hope for a speedy recovery and that she starts to feel better.

• Hand Foot Mouth is definitely going around right now, like crazy.

We've had it at our school (along with H1N1 recently and shingles...low immune kids sure bring a lot with them!) and some friends of mine had it in California.  

Yuck.

• WendyGRWendyGR member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    imageBnGCookies820:

Staying in the city this weekend. Very surprised. Breakfast place recs??

Gaia's, Wolfgang's are both faves of ours. Gaia's is vegetarian but I LOVE their Cuban eggs. Wolfgang's has a lotta meat. On Saturday the Silver Spork food truck has an awesome egg sandwich if you want to make a morning of the Fulton Street Farmers Market (parking is crazy though). Rowster's is my favorite coffee shop right now but I don't think they have food.