Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

It's Tuesday Randoms

Good Morning Friends. How did everyone do with the weekend. I spent Most of it cleaning the house before people came over to grill and chill on the holiday. It had been a while since this place has had a deep clean. We picked up a new to us sofa and recliner which meant we actually had enough seating in our house yesterday for everyone. Now back to business as usual. 

Re: It's Tuesday Randoms

• WendyGRWendyGR member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Had a great weekend! Of course I had way  more projects on my list than I actually finished, but the garden is in better shape and the house is cleaner. I took a vacation day today so hopefully I can get a bit more done.
  • I babysat Friday night, went to the a friends house and the races Saturday (I found them to be boring), and went to a friends bday get together on Sunday. Monday I cleaned. Mike came home with a flat screen tv that was on sale at Meijer and then we had to go to Best Buy to get the cable that connects the computer to the tv so we can watch NetFlix on the tv. A very busy weekend. Mike called me yesterday morning to wake me up to go to work. As soon as he called, he realized I had the day off.
  • This weekend was long! 

Friday we walked to the library, and made a stop for ice cream. We took care of my mom's chickens while she was out of town. I can't remember what else we did. Must not have been anything.

Saturday my husband had to work, being a lawyers wife is rough sometimes. So he was at work until about 2pm. He came home, we all took a nap, then we headed to Muskegon to move some more stuff out of the house his parents bought him while we were separated last winter. Then we met some friends up at Thunderbird for the races. We came home and my husband went to bed. I stayed up and continued getting caught up on Revenge.

Sunday, my husband worked again until about noon.  Then once he was home we just relaxed and hung out at home. Watched the Indy 500, I ran and got a few groceries to make taco salad, we ate dinner, then watched the NASCAR race. He went to bed as soon as that was over. I watched Revenge lol

Yesterday, my husband worked again. So the girls and I got up, fed chickens, then walked to the corner for the parade. Sophia took a nap. Then we met MH in GR at his office, and drove to Kalamazoo Speedway for a try and ride event. My step-daughter was able to drive a go-cart around the track and see what driving a go cart would be like. We stopped for dinner at Big Boy, then drove home.

Other than my husband at the office all weekend. It was nice and relaxing! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was less than productive this weekend. I'm trying to make up for it today by power cleaning the house. Yesterday was my and MH's 2nd anniversary. We dropped DS off at the in-laws' for the afternoon and went to a movie and got some lunch. It's been a while since we've been on a date, so it was great to have some time to ourselves.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary my read shelf:
    Tawny's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • Everyone is so quiet here.

• ah, yes. Quiet on the nest. It happens during these nice sunny days. I miss our friend here. 

So my friend who had cancer treatment earlier this year want to throw a party now that she pretty much has a clean bill of health. She wants me to help which I have no problem with but when I asked how many people they were thinking of inviting and what the budget was I discovered this is going to be a tough one. They are think about inviting 100-150 people but set there budget at $300. So right now I'm thinking a BYO-chair, drink, side dish theme. They living in the country in Hastings and want it to be family friendly because there will be kids coming as well. So I'm brain storming ideas today. The Party is mid August.