Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Friday Eve Randoms

Good morning lovelies! How are you?

Today is a busy day. I have a meeting for a job, then study and bake a cake for the holiday. Packing and tidying up when B gets home.

The game was fun last night. Hot, but fun. West Michigan has the biggest, fattest bumblebees I've ever seen. Do not like! 

Anniversary

Re: Friday Eve Randoms

• WendyGRWendyGR member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker

I'm taking half a vacation day, then Friday and Tuesday off so I have a nice long stretch to get my kitchen back in order and hopefully finish planting my garden.

We went to Founders last night for dinner - ran into a former co-worker. It was so much fun.  

• TheWopTheWop member
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    It's going to be 90 degrees today.  I'm not looking forward to sleeping in a hot house tonight.  I pray that there's a good breeze.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TheWopTheWop member
    I forgot to put on deodorant at home this morning.  It's a good thing Meijer is on my way to work!  I stopped for a little travel size and some k-cups. 
  • WendyGRWendyGR member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker

image TheWop:
    I forgot to put on deodorant at home this morning.  It's a good thing Meijer is on my way to work!  I stopped for a little travel size and some k-cups. 

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! Except I usually stop at Walgreens.

I'm not looking forward to this super hot weather either. We;re too cheap to get central air but we did get a new window a/c unit for the bedroom that should have enough power to get the rest of the house at least bearable. 

• TheWopTheWop member
    image WendyGR:

image TheWop:

I'm not looking forward to this super hot weather either. We;re too cheap to get central air but we did get a new window a/c unit for the bedroom that should have enough power to get the rest of the house at least bearable. 

Yeah, I'm totally spoiled.  Haha.  The money spent on a new unit will be totally worth it, especially on our energy bill, it may pretty much pay for itself in savings in a few years.  Same with the furnace.  Plus, the way our windows are a window unit wouldn't really work. I just want to be done with it. 

• Hey ladies! I have forgotten to put deodorant on as well! I also forgot to brush my teeth. That was even worse! I got to work and realized it. I told my principal that I needed to go get a toothbrush and toothpaste. She laughed at me and let le go.:) Kiddie pool is getting filled up for this hot day! WOP, who did you go with for the new units? So exciting!
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • TheWopTheWop member

image Stargirl1975:
    WOP, who did you go with for the new units? So exciting!

We're not sure yet, we're still in the process of getting quotes.  I assume a lot of companies are really busy because we won't have some people coming out until next week.  Boo. 

• Major boo!
    *****Can you see me in 3D???????***** image. Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello to everyone. Glad that everyone seems to be doing well today.
  • I attended a funeral for my friend's baby this morning.  It was so sad.

She was 39.5 weeks, went into labor, had the baby and then he died almost immediately after.  I'm not sure what happened, or if they even know.  I just cannot imagine.  :(  This is so, so horrible.  

• image Desmond&MollyJones*:

I attended a funeral for my friend's baby this morning.  It was so sad.

She was 39.5 weeks, went into labor, had the baby and then he died almost immediately after.  I'm not sure what happened, or if they even know.  I just cannot imagine.  :(  This is so, so horrible.  

That is so sad. Thoughts and prayers for your friend. Hope that you are ok too.

• Hey there all! It is a warm one today! I love the heat, so I think it feels great. Hope everyone can stay cool.

I plan to get Hannah's kiddie pool out and filled in a few minutes and I also bought her a water table at Target this morning. We are going to have some fun in the water this afternoon!

D&M - so sorry to hear about your friend's baby. So very sad. Funerals are hard enough w/o it being for a little one.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear about your friend D&M. I can't even imagine.

TH and I were playing scattergories a week ago and the letter was D. The question was something you keep in a desk and I answered deodrant.  ha ha.

TH took today off and we spent almost five hours running errands. We got a lot done. We had to get some stuff to finish off the girls rooms in a few weeks. We went ot Smash Burger for lunch. It was pretty good.

• I just went outside - wow is it warm!