Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wed-nes-day Ran-doms

Good Morning Friends. Is anybody excited of the day. It's going to be sunny and warm and warmer for the weekend. Any plans for the holiday weekend or are you not even thinking about it yet. I'm suppose to go Garage sale-ing on Monday with a friend but other than that I got nothing. We will be sticking close to home as far as I know. 

Re: Wed-nes-day Ran-doms

• TheWopTheWop member
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary

Not really excited about today.  No real plans for Memorial day. 

I love the smell of the mousse I bought for my hair.  I wish I could get it in a body spray.  LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good morning!! We got our car back today. So nice to be back to two vehicles! It's also our 3 yr anniversary today! Can't believe it's been that long already but at the same time it seems like we've been married longer. Hannah is also 15 months old today - where has the time gone?!? We have her check up today - curious to see how much she's grown in 3 months.

We have no plans for the long weekend, probably just stuff around the house and enjoying the nice weather. I really need to get to the greenhouse and get some hanging baskets for our porch this weekend.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TheWopTheWop member
    image HannahsMom223:

Good morning!! We got our car back today. So nice to be back to two vehicles! It's also our 3 yr anniversary today! Can't believe it's been that long already but at the same time it seems like we've been married longer. Hannah is also 15 months old today - where has the time gone?!? We have her check up today - curious to see how much she's grown in 3 months.

Renee is 9 months today!  It goes by SO fast!  She's now standing up on furniture or pretty much anything else she can pull herself up on.  She even grabbed onto my bath robe and stood up.  She loves going back and forth between the couch and ottoman.  So cute!

• WOP - we need some new Baby Wop pics!

I have no plans except for a friend's birthday get together.

I woke up this moring to my alarm not knowing what day it was. I kinda freaked out until I realized it was Wednesday and not the weekend.

• WendyGRWendyGR member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    Just found out DH has to work on Saturday. So bummed :-( Not sure what we're doing this weekend, but I hope to finish getting my garden planted. 
  • Deeder - what did you do for your birthday?
  • image TheWop:

Renee is 9 months today!  It goes by SO fast!  She's now standing up on furniture or pretty much anything else she can pull herself up on.  She even grabbed onto my bath robe and stood up.  She loves going back and forth between the couch and ottoman.  So cute!

Big Smile So fun!! You are in for a real treat when she starts to walk! There's no stopping them then!!

Charity - I hate waking up confused. I remember waking a few times on a weekend and thinking it was a week day and getting DH up and both of us fumbling around trying to get up and ready until we realized it was a weekend. Bummer that it wasn't actually the weekend for you though. :(

• image charitylynne_1979:
    Deeder - what did you do for your birthday?

We had brunch at the Cheri Inn and that was pretty much it. We didn't have $$ for much else. My parents brought over an ice cream cake and I made dinner. DH did stop and pick me up my favorite "beer". Most of the things I would have wanted for a present are just to expensive right now given our bank account. Darn bills! 

• I know a few of us have read The Great Gatsby so I though you might be interested in knowing that they have released the trailer for the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343092/ 

• image TheWop:

I love the smell of the mousse I bought for my hair.  I wish I could get it in a body spray.  LOL.

What brand is it?

I have a cotton candy body spray that I use sometimes. I've also just recently tried Aveeno's 2 in1 Shampoo. Smells so good. 

• Morning!

Same old thing over this way, studying and trying not to be a couch potato. I really need to kick up my job search. Going to the Whitecaps game today.

Yes, TW I agree, more babywop pics please! 

Anniversary
  • TheWopTheWop member
    image Deeder522:
    image TheWop:

What brand is it?

I have a cotton candy body spray that I use sometimes. I've also just recently tried Aveeno's 2 in1 Shampoo. Smells so good. 

It's the L'Oreal all natural, alcohol free mousse.  I keep smelling my hair! 

• Good Morning!

HannahMom - Congrats on a car and an anniversary! :-)

TW - Awww, congrats on a 9 month old!

We are going to the UP for our annual Memorial Day trip.  The forecast looks slightly rainy, which is fine, but it makes sleeping in a tent (with wet dogs) a little more difficult.

• I am having some problems with a male friend of mine in  Maine and my sister and the problems are both bugging me to hell.
  • Happy 9 months, and 15 months, and 3 years, and fixed cars, and beleated birthday, and nice smelling hair!

Today is 4 weeks with the chicks.  Their personalities are emerging and they have more than earned their keep in entertainment value.

I hope everyone who is on the road this weekend has a safe and fun getaway.  And everyone who's staying home, I hope you find a close adventure.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • TheWopTheWop member

So....WFL?

I'm having a left over black bean burrito and a yogurt. 

• I had left over rigitoni with spaghetti sauce and had a vanilla yogurt.
  • you ladies are so healthy with your yogurts. I just can't eat it. I've tried. I only like the frozen ice creamy variety.
    Anniversary
  • image BnGCookies820:
    you ladies are so healthy with your yogurts. I just can't eat it. I've tried. I only like the frozen ice creamy variety.

i often get sick of yogurt so everyonce in a while, i will buy a large container of it, usually vanilla and eat it sporadically before it expires.

• I just made myself a frozen pizza for lunch. DH doesn't like supreme pizzas so if I want something other than sausage and pepperoni I have to eat it without him. I'm sure I won't eat it all but, it sounded good.

BnG - I eat yougurt in spurts. Sometimes it sounds good and I'll eat it for a few weeks (especially with granola) and other times I just can't do it. I do like the whipped kind Yoplait has because it's fluffy and not like you're eating yougurt at all.

I'm at a loss for what to make for dinner tonight. I don't really want to cook but going out for dinner is too hard with Hannah - that's her "crazy" time of day. I think I might have DH get take out from somewhere on his way home. What a romantic anniversary dinner. Haha!

• WendyGRWendyGR member
    We had a taco bar at work - $2. It was supposed to be a mingling with other people in our building sort of thing but I took my plate and left 'cause I'm antisocial like that. Plus I have work to do before the weekend.
  • Salad w/mixed greens, horseradish cheese, tomatoes and red onions and leftover brown rice w/morel mushrooms, wild ramps and fiddlehead ferns.

I realize in my first post I double paragraphed - I think that was my first time posting on the new old board. :-)

• image HannahsMom223:

I just made myself a frozen pizza for lunch. DH doesn't like supreme pizzas so if I want something other than sausage and pepperoni I have to eat it without him. I'm sure I won't eat it all but, it sounded good.

BnG - I eat yougurt in spurts. Sometimes it sounds good and I'll eat it for a few weeks (especially with granola) and other times I just can't do it. I do like the whipped kind Yoplait has because it's fluffy and not like you're eating yougurt at all.

I'm at a loss for what to make for dinner tonight. I don't really want to cook but going out for dinner is too hard with Hannah - that's her "crazy" time of day. I think I might have DH get take out from somewhere on his way home. What a romantic anniversary dinner. Haha!

Meet up for a picnic somewhere (even if it is just take up). It is a gorgerous day. The only tought part, might be trying to eat and keep Hannah at the table. If you brought a blanket along, would she sit down for a few mintues with toys or cherrios or puffs in a snack trap cup (after at dinner of course.).  I always loved the snack traps with the lids because it took them a little longer to get their snack out to eat.  

• image gvsubride05:
    Meet up for a picnic somewhere (even if it is just take up). It is a gorgerous day. The only tought part, might be trying to eat and keep Hannah at the table. If you brought a blanket along, would she sit down for a few mintues with toys or cherrios or puffs in a snack trap cup (after at dinner of course.).  I always loved the snack traps with the lids because it took them a little longer to get their snack out to eat.  

Good call on the picnic. I'll suggest that to my husband. We might be able to contain her for a short time. Haha Smile We are hoping to do a picnic in Grand Haven somewhere by the beach this weekend so this would be a good trial run.

• image BnGCookies820:
    you ladies are so healthy with your yogurts. I just can't eat it. I've tried. I only like the frozen ice creamy variety.

I only tend to buy yogurt when it's on sale.  I recently tried the drinkable Kefir (for the good bacteria) and it's tasty but the ones I bought are totally loaded with sugar.  Which is probably why they're tasty. :-) 

• WendyGRWendyGR member
    image MrsJuliD:

Salad w/mixed greens, horseradish cheese, tomatoes and red onions and leftover brown rice w/morel mushrooms, wild ramps and fiddlehead ferns.

That sounds awesome. 

We've been doing sandwiches for dinner. We had two refrigerators in our kitchen until last night while transferring things over so we didn't have much room to work. Tonight I have no excuse since the old frig has now been moved to the dining room (will be in the back garage to be used as a lagering frig this weekend), but we still might do sandwiches just 'cause we have sandwich meat left.

• I love yogurt. 

That is all.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • image GRsweetpea:

I love yogurt. 

That is all.

you can have mine!  

Anniversary
  • Wohoo work day is almost over - yes!!!! Now I have to run errands and go home. Trying to find something to do tonight.  I don't wanna stay home, especially with this nice weather!