Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pre-paid credit cards

Ever used one?

I just found fraudulent charges on our credit card again. This happens at least once a year. I'm thinking of getting a pre-paid credit card to use for online purchases. Is this a smart idea?

On one hand, it sounds like a good idea because then the card isn't linked to our accounts.

On the other hand, USAA has an excellent fraud department and they always refund the charges and issue new cards immediately. Would a pre-paid card company do this? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pre-paid credit cards

• You make me nervous. 

**Runs off to check the CC**

Okay... now that I feel more secure... 

I think that USAA has pre-paid Mastercards. You might be able to get one from them and have the same security if something fraudulent does happen again. Obviously, I would call and make sure that they offered that before signing up for one. 

I've only used a PayPal card, it isn't that bad, but sometimes you have to have a minimum balance to purchase anything. I had 50 dollars left on a card once, and I couldn't purchase gas with it, when I had before when the balance was higher. 

• I would seriously rethink where I'm using my CC if you are getting fraudent charges yearly. There's a reason I only use my CC for most purchases. I like the fraud protection. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • image LemonLover33:
    I would seriously rethink where I'm using my CC if you are getting fraudent charges yearly. There's a reason I only use my CC for most purchases. I like the fraud protection. 

I've been trying to pinpoint the cause since the first time it happened. It's got to be H, I know that much. I never had a fraudulent charge on a card ever until I married him. According to him it's been happening to him this frequently for as long as he can remember. He doesn't keep his card on him though. He only uses it for recurring things like XBox Live and he doesn't do any online shopping. I only use it for online shopping at fairly reputable places (Amazon, Macy's, and the like). 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers