Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Should I take emergency contraception?

My doctors office is closed today so in a panic I figured I'd ask on here... I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo (currently not trying to have a baby) and i missed a pill yesterday, was fully intimate with my boyfriend last night, then remembered to take the pill late. I'm about mid way through my cycle and I'm worried if I should take emergency contraception to be safe.... I've never been in this position before so any help is appreciated. Thank you

Re: Should I take emergency contraception?

• Check your information sheet that came with your pills. I'm on a different pill, but mine says to use back-up if you miss two or more pills in a row. I can't tell from your details if you missed two or only one.
  • when in doubt...just do it.
    If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • The instructions or a pharmacist could tell you for sure, but I think you're supposed to take two pills right now to get caught up. I don't think EC would do anything extra for you.
  • Probably not. For most pills, if you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember. This could involve you taking 2 pills at once, if its time for your next dose.

Midway through your cycle while on the pill is COMPLETELY different than midway through your cycle off the pill. 

On the pill, you are least likely to get pregnant if you miss a pill mid-cycle, and most likely to get pregnant if you miss one of the first or last pills in the pack.

To ease your mind, I recommend calling up Rite-Aid or Walgreens. Pharmacists have a better focus on medicine than doctors. They have PhDs and give free advice.

• Why the heck didn't you go get a condom, knowing you missed a dose of your BCP?
  • NO! You're fine. People take pills late all the time.....and it isnt good for you to take that, I don't care what they say....it is not good. Just continue to take your pill everyday. Seriously....I have done this a million times...you are fine.
  • image BeeKayy21:
    NO! You're fine. People take pills late all the time.....and it isnt good for you to take that, I don't care what they say....it is not good. Just continue to take your pill everyday. Seriously....I have done this a million times...you are fine.
    I missed one pill once. My 19 month old says hello!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers