Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ZERO sex drive due to BC

I have been taking Be-Yaz for over a year now and I've tried several and this seems to be the only one that really works for all my feminine issues. The problem is that it absolutely kills my sex drive.My fiance is all sorts of upset saying that he wishes I would be more into doing things, but I'm just not. When we do anything sexual its almost like a chore rather than something I enjoy. Most nights I just want to take care of him and don't want him to even bother getting me all "revved" up because thats like trying to start a car that has NO battery... pointless right?

Anyways, I told him that our wedding is in 2 months and after that we'd just use condoms until its time to get pregnant. He seemed upset that he wanted me on birth control but he can't have his cake and eat it too... right? 

Re: ZERO sex drive due to BC

• I had exactly the same issue with the pill.  In fact I'd go a step farther and say that it actually made me feel depressed.  So for me, no sex drive + bummed out all the time = not fun fianc?!   

So, I switched to an IUD and I'm a huge fan!  I know most people don't know much about it but it was awesome for me.  I opted for the non-hormonal kind called "paragaurd" which means the day my doctor takes it out i can get preggo immediately (versus wait 3 months with the pill).  I've had it for 2 years and absolutely love it.  I don't know why more women don't opt for it.  Fair warning: it hurt A LOT when my doctor put it in -- HUGE cramps.  But my doctor gave me some painkillers and i was totally fine the next day (common for women who have not had children).  

I guess what i'm saying is that there are options other than the pill and condoms. Why not talk to your doctor and find out what your options are?  That said, if you are going to TTC right after your wedding, you should get off the pill now and just have him deal with condoms ;)  Hope that helps and congrats on your wedding!! 

• I also have to post support for the IUD. I was about to get the Paragard, though, and my doc talked me into Mirena. I was worried about the hormones - specifically, depression and lowered sex drive - but the doc told me it's a very low dose that doesn't enter the bloodstream?? (Not 100% sure how that last part works - I was highly sedated on Ativan when I went in for the procedure and might be making that last part up).

Anyway, long story short, I got the Mirena about two years ago, and I LOOOOVE it!! I've not had a real period in almost two years, and, if anything, my sex drive is over the top - to the point my bf can't keep up with me :( Topic for a different board, eh?   

Hurt like an utter SOB to have inserted, and I had severe cramping for a good week following - to the extent that I was taking so much Ibuprofen that I was having serious stomach problems on top of the cramping. But once that went away, it's been nothing but worry-free sex (when I can get it) and no more period.  

• I was on the Nuva Ring and I was so dry and it hurt so bad to have sex. I went off of it (we are starting TTC) and I can't get enough. I don't think I will ever go back on BC because that stuff really messed me up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Ive been on Yaz for over a year and just switched off of it because I was having the same problem. I have been on BCP for over 10 years, except for 4 months when I lost insurance due to the time between graduating college and getting a job. I have almost never had a sex drive...except those 4 months and a few after that. I will be married in just less than a year, so I (and FI) cant wait until then so I can stop taking the pills. We arent in a hurry to conceive right after the wedding, and we certainly dont want a surprise before it, so we are waiting until the wedding night to stop lol. I would suggest trying different pills if they work for your other issues and see if it helps.
  • I have tried other pills and this one seems to be the best for my female issues. We are getting married in 2 months so he can just wait until then for me to be revved up! lol