Politics & Current Events
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Herman Cain Explains The Gender Gap: ?Men Are Much More Familiar? With Policy Than ?Other People?

Apparently our poor little lady brains couldn't possibly understand policy.

I'd paste the article, but the video of Cain is a big part, so it's probably just easier to go there, read the paragraph, and watch the video:

http://thinkprogress.org/special/2012/04/10/461613/herman-cain-gender-gap/ 

ETA: Actually, to make it easy, here's the article, too:

Herman Cain, the eccentric former presidential candidate and pizza mogul with a checkered past on women, suggested today that presumed GOP nominee Mitt Romney is losing support among women because men are better informed.

Asked about a new Washington Post/ABC News pollshowing President Obama beating Romney on women?s issues, Cain explained this by saying that men tend to be more familiar with policy, while others only know about Obama?s family:

CAIN: Yes, President Obama is very likable to most people, if you just look at him and his family. But if you look at his policies, which is what most people disagree with, it?s a different story. And I think many men are much more familiar with the failed policies than a lot of other people, as well as the general public.

The Post poll showed Romney trailing by a whopping 19 points among women. And while his surrogates and allies have been loathe to admit it, Romney himself acknowledged that the gender gap is related to the recent debate over contraception. 

"You don't get to be all puke-face about your kid shooting your undead baby daddy when all you had to do was KEEP HIM IN THE FLUCKING HOUSE, LORI!" - doctorwho

Re: Herman Cain Explains The Gender Gap: ?Men Are Much More Familiar? With Policy Than ?Other People?

• What an idiot.  Why doesn't the GOP shut these types up so that they don't look so bad?  I mean, I know the war on women is getting support from everywhere, but at least get smarter people than this to wage it.
  • imagearborgold:

But if you look at his policies, which is what most people disagree with, it?s a different story. And I think many men are much more familiar with the failed policies than a lot of other people, as well as the general public.

I can't even get mad at Cain, because his grammar is just so damned hilarious.

So, men are more aware of Obama's policies than A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE ANDALSOPLUS THE GENERAL PUBLIC.  Once you take men AND the general public out of the equation, who is left but women who are presumably not part of the general public.

Unless he means the general public is part of the group that's stupid about Obama...but then men are not part of the general public?

I guess men can't be expected to be knowledgeable about policy AND capable of writing in standard english.

But obviously he knows how to win women voters - just give them a cute family to ooh and aah over!

• Dear Mr. Cain,

SYDAD

xoxo,

me

image Ridin dirty
  • Wonders if Cain understood Sexual Harassment policies at all.
    image "There's a very simple test to see if something is racist. Just go to a heavily populated black area, and do the thing that you think isn't racist, and see if you live through it." ~ Reeve on the Clearly Racist Re-Nig Bumper Sticker and its Creator.
  • patiently waiting for a Texts From Hillary
  • imagerayskit10:
    patiently waiting for a Texts From Hillary

I think you'll be waiting awhile, the meme has officially ended:

http://textsfromhillaryclinton.tumblr.com/ 

"You don't get to be all puke-face about your kid shooting your undead baby daddy when all you had to do was KEEP HIM IN THE FLUCKING HOUSE, LORI!" - doctorwho
  • imagearborgold:

imagerayskit10:
    patiently waiting for a Texts From Hillary

I think you'll be waiting awhile, the meme has officially ended:

http://textsfromhillaryclinton.tumblr.com/ 

NoNoNo