Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]not.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pretty sure I picked a living room paint color.

Benjamin Moore Terra Mauve. I saw it in a fake living room at Ikea that furniture similar to what we have.http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/terramauve

Tell me if you hate it, please.

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy

Re: Pretty sure I picked a living room paint color.

• You have a dark gray couch, yes?

If so, I really like it.  I can't say it would be my first thought for myself, but I can see it working REALLY well.  That's why I love to see those displays and catalogs that show the paint color.  Sometimes things work that I never would have thought of.

we all fall down sometimes
    brass and ballet flats
  • Our kitchen is a similar color, more orange though. I love it.

image Ready to rumble.
  • Where's the goddamn Like button?

I really dig that color, like, a lot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really like it! It's definitely not a color I would have thought of on my own, but seeing it in a "real" room makes me dig it. 
  • I like it. I would at first think it too dark, but since you have those grogeous bay windows, that should make it really nice and light.
  • I really dislike orange, but I actually kinda like that color.  I think I might prefer it toned down just a bit more, but that's probably because of my orange prejudice.

ETA:  In retrospect, I probably shouldn't comment on the color since my work monitor makes everything look completely different than it really is.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Don't listen to Cali.  It's so pretty I want to pet it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image wingedbride:
    I like it. I would at first think it too dark, but since you have those grogeous bay windows, that should make it really nice and light.

I love the color, but was thinking it could make a space seem smaller and/or darker, especially with dark wood furniture.  But if you have nice large windows then I think it will be great.

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • image Badgerengr:
    I really like it! It's definitely not a color I would have thought of on my own, but seeing it in a "real" room makes me dig it. 

Yeah, I never ever would've picked orange had I not seen this in person. I think it will work well with the floors too.

Yep, dark gray couch! 

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image KristenBtobe:

Our kitchen is a similar color, more orange though. I love it.

What color is this?  I really like it. 

• Yeah, there are three big windows and it opens into the dining room which also has three big windows.

Kristen, what kind of pot rack do you have their? I'm going to miss mine so much.

• I should probably say I'm completely obsessed with anything blush right now, and this looks like a much darker version of that.  That's probably one of the reasons I'm so attracted to it.

we all fall down sometimes
    brass and ballet flats
  • OMGIWANTTHATPOTRACK!!! I didn't even notice it.  That would work in my kitchen.  I neeeeeed it.

Bob, what color is the dining room?  Same?

www.focushunting.com
  • image BobLoblaw:

Kristen, what kind of pot rack do you have their?

No BJs for you.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I LOVE that color!
  • I love that color and think it looks great with the dark furniture.
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    image BobLoblaw:

Kristen, what kind of pot rack do you have their?

No BJs for you.

Seriously. My brain is fried this week.

Boxer, right now the dining room is this hideous blue color but I think we'll paint it a beigy-cream or something. The bedrooms are both gray, so I'd like to do something different. 

• I like it a lot. What color is the trim in your living room?
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • image Novemberrocks:
    I like it a lot. What color is the trim in your living room?

White. Blah. It would be better if it was still the original wood, but what can you do? If I owned the joint I'd strip it for sure. Oh well!

• I think it will look great!
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • It's not my style but I like it. I do think it's the kind of color you're going to have to decorate around.
  • image BobLoblaw:

image Novemberrocks:
    I like it a lot. What color is the trim in your living room?

White. Blah. It would be better if it was still the original wood, but what can you do? If I owned the joint I'd strip it for sure. Oh well!

Funny. I actually was hoping for white. I think that will look great because it keeps the room from looking too dark. But I really don't no nothing bout decorating.  

image Mabel the Loser.
  • "Boxer, right now the dining room is this hideous blue color but I think we'll paint it a beigy-cream or something. The bedrooms are both gray, so I'd like to do something different.  "

Somewhere Veronika is a sad panda.

• image Kamikaze3:

"Boxer, right now the dining room is this hideous blue color but I think we'll paint it a beigy-cream or something. The bedrooms are both gray, so I'd like to do something different.  "

Somewhere Veronika is a sad panda.

LOLZ! This is so true. 

• I'll have to check the color, it's Sherwin Williams something or other.

The pot rack was left by the previous owners. It's perfect, isn't it? I thank my stars regularly that they didn't take it with. 

image Ready to rumble.
  • I POOP TOO MUCH.  AND THEN I GET TIRED.
  • Is that from the Super Dictionary?
    www.focushunting.com