Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Air Duct Cleaning

I'm a first time homeowner... I've been in my house for about 9 months now.  My house is 90 plus years old.  Old houses are dirtier aren't they?  Thinking of getting my air ducts cleaned because I can tell they are filthy.  I never knew air duct cleaning was so expensive, on one of the websites it says it should cost $400-600, whoa baby thats pricey!  Have you ever done this and about how much does it cost for a small (1200 sq ft) home?
Photobucket Visit The Nest!

Re: Air Duct Cleaning

• I just had it done in a small house - 5 air ducts.  One in each bedroom, LR, and kitchen

It was $300 and included full clean back to the unit and they opened up the unit and put anitmicrobial in the unit and all air ducts, and they cleaned the grates.

It was by a company named DUCTZ.  I think it is a nationwide franchise.  Anyway, I found them on my Angie's list. I would definitely call this one again.

• I had my entire system cleaned.  The guys cleaning it said they never saw a system so big.  I also had the vents treated bc there was soot from when the system was wood burning that would come through.  The soot is too fine to be picked up by a vacuum so they spray it to seal the soot to the vent.  It cost several hundred dollars, but it was really worth it.  I could tell a difference immediately in our home. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just had ours done on Tuesday, it was roughly $500 and not to sound like a commerical, but I already notice a difference! Totally worth the money (which at first sounded so high) and they were very professional and helpful. Our house is about 1500 sqft and about 50+ yrs old.  I noticed a PP mentioning Angie's List and this is how we found this company too...I would highly recommend taking a look around on that site and seeing other reviews for reputable companies.