International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Today, I kind of miss home

My best friend from home is due to arrive at my door any minute, so maybe the anticipation is making me more emotional. But, I opened my email and another good friend from home just brought home her twin daughters after they spent many days in the NICU. I was one of the only people she even told when she was TTC, I suffered all the ups and downs with her when she kept getting BFNs and then received the stunning news that she was going to have twins. I lent her all my maternity clothes and took her out for weird food cravings and basically "lived" her pregnancy with her up until I left New York.

I saw the picture of her girls at home and just started bawling. It sucks to miss things like this. I figured someone on this board could relate.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Today, I kind of miss home

• It's weird when we have these feelings. I hope you have a nice time with your friend. Also glad to hear that the babies are home from the NICU.

Oddly tonight I am having visual flashbacks of Z?rich. Miss that darn place. Both DH and I confided together tonight that we had feelings of wanting to run back there. Which is highly unrealistic. Lol.

36/366 No Fear --- Finishing Project 366
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Allison has read 10 books toward her goal of 30 books.
    hide

Now Nesting from Chicago, IL My nail blog:
  • I thought most of us can definitely relate! While my feelings like this are few and far between, when i do get homesick - it's pretty big and takes me a couple days to get over.

Happy to hear the twins are home and healthy!

• The good news is that at least you have a friend that will be there soon.  Can you take a trip back to see the babies? 

• I got a birthday card in the mail from my parents yesterday (birthday isn't for a couple weeks...mom just sends things overseas far in advance). Definitely made me tear up and they didn't even write anything too sentimental. Guess the homesickness was lurking beneath the surface. 

Glad you've got a friend coming to visit. That should help.

Cape Town, South Africa Pregnancy Ticker
  • Even though I'm not gone yet, I can relate because my best friend is having twins right now! She's five months pregnant, she finds out what they are on the ninth.

When we were first batting dates around for my move, it looked like I wouldn't get to meet them. I was sad. She's due in July. Now it looks like I won't get over there until the fall, so I'll get to meet them.

Of course still being here, I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I did spend a lot of time imagining it back when I thought I'd be moving in the summer.

My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • oh yes - I definitely can relate - it sucks to miss out on stuff like that :(

my parents & aunts sent Genna cute cards & presents for Easter and its made me really homesick to see them - can't wait to go in June - a year is just SO long between seeing my wider family :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep. I think all of us can relate. It was worse for us when we were in China, now that we're in the UK the culture is much more similar so we feel homesick quite a bit less. Although while we were driving past Heathrow today and saw all the planes taking off I did really want to be on one on its' way to Canada.

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
    I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!