Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected].com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dishwasher help

I know that it has been asked a ton of other times but I am asking again. How do you clean your dishwasher to make it clean better? Ours used to clean pretty decently but its starting not to now. I was hoping I could try cleaning it before calling the rental place and requesting a new one that actually does its job.

TIA ladies!

KStar Design.com
Fluffy
***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
**GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**

Re: Dishwasher help

• Empty the food trap. If you have one, it'll be at the bottom, toward the back of the tub.

Run an empty load through with white vinegar. Just fill the soap cup with vinegar (instead of soap) and that should be a sufficient amount.

• Yep, white vinegar!
  • my MIL swears by powdered lemonade mix.  she also claims it has to be store brand--cheap stuff.  run it through without dishes in and presto!  it's sparkling.  i've never tried it, but she has told me about it several times, so i guess it's true.  :)
  • thanks ladies! I will give the vinegar a try and see what happens! What about once the cycle is over before putting in another load? Will the vinegar be completely gone or should I run an empty soap cycle?
    KStar Design.com
    Fluffy
    ***TTC Buddies w/ Monkey1018 & TTC/GP BFF w/ Jeep Doll***
    **GP Lucky Charm: TheDeatons**
  • Even if there is residual vinegar it won't hurt anything. It's a highly effective and completely safe cleaner. I usually dump a half cup to a cup in every load for my glassware. 

Google white vinegar cleaning. You'll be amazed at how many uses it has.