Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New here and needing advice

My boyfriend left for basic training a couple of months ago.  We can only talk by writing letters.  I've only gotten one so far and I think he is cheating on me.  Wouldn't he have written more?  So since all I can think about is the fact that he might be cheating, I am feeling attracted to this guy at work.  I am a waitress at Applebees and he is a cook.  I am trying to fight the feeling but it is hard.  How do you guys put up with this during your man's absence?  I am so confused.  I don't know what to do.  I love him, but I don't think he's being faithful.  His only letter didn't even mention that he loves me.  Please help!
We put the "her" in "hero"

Re: New here and needing advice

• I'm having a bad day, so i'm probably going to sound like a *** but you need to grow up! If you don't trust your bf your relationship is NEVER going to work out, and they don't spend all day writing letters.

I love my man and TRUST him, I know he wouldn't do anything same as he trusts me. That should be the main ingreadiant in a relationship. most of the time i don;t even noticed other men.

Besides your lack of letters (which there could be many reasons for) Why else do you think he is cheating?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Different area codes don't count. Get your freak on, girl. If your H is cheating, at least you're getting even, and if not, you're teaching him a lesson that he should call and write you more when he's gone, so either way you're good. 
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageapril2891:

I'm having a bad day, so i'm probably going to sound like a *** but you need to grow up! If you don't trust your bf your relationship is NEVER going to work out, and they don't spend all day writing letters.

I love my man and TRUST him, I know he wouldn't do anything same as he trusts me. That should be the main ingreadiant in a relationship. most of the time i don;t even noticed other men.

Besides your lack of letters (which there could be many reasons for) Why else do you think he is cheating?

LOL 

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageapril2891:

I'm having a bad day, so i'm probably going to sound like a *** but you need to grow up! If you don't trust your bf your relationship is NEVER going to work out, and they don't spend all day writing letters.

You can't even spell, so no thanks for your advice. 

• Okay, who made the AE?
    [IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l630/SammyN0709/your-ecards.jpg[/IMG]
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:
    Different area codes don't count. Get your freak on, girl. If your H is cheating, at least you're getting even, and if not, you're teaching him a lesson that he should call and write you more when he's gone, so either way you're good. 

Thank you.  That's exactly how I've been feeling.  I guess whenever he gets home we will figure it out.  My eye candy at work is nothing serious, but he will keep me occupied for now.  But we are supposed to get married in the fall, I guess I am feeling guilty?!?? 

• Marriage is the perfect solution.  You keep on rockin.
    Shot first, questions later.
  • imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imageapril2891:

I love my man and TRUST him, I know he wouldn't do anything same as he trusts me. That should be the main ingreadiant in a relationship, most of the time i don;t even noticed other men.

.... sorry i guess the spelling of ingredient slipped my mind

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Cat tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage

imageMrsOjoButtons:
    Different area codes don't count. Get your freak on, girl. If your H is cheating, at least you're getting even, and if not, you're teaching him a lesson that he should call and write you more when he's gone, so either way you're good. 

Thank you.  That's exactly how I've been feeling.  I guess whenever he gets home we will figure it out.  My eye candy at work is nothing serious, but he will keep me occupied for now.  But we are supposed to get married in the fall, I guess I am feeling guilty?!?? 

Part of gearing up for a pretty pretty princess wedding is feeling loved. If you don't feel loved by your boyfriend (sorry, I referred to him as husband), you need to find it somewhere. I mean, if your boyfriend really loves you, he'd want you to feel loved/sexy/appreciated, am I right? 

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageapril2891:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imageapril2891:

I love my man and TRUST him, I know he wouldn't do anything same as he trusts me. That should be the main ingreadiant in a relationship, most of the time i don;t even noticed other men.

Maybe that's why you named your kid Cyrus.  Hello Billy Ray! 

• OP, I don't know why you didn't just JOP before basic so your BF could be super rich from all the extra benefits.
  • imageSammy0709:
    OP, I don't know why you didn't just JOP before basic so your BF could be super rich from all the extra benefits.

Because we have an entire wedding planned.  We've already bought the dress and reserved the reception hall.  What am I supposed to do? 

• Sammy, I wonder if marriage by proxy would be an option when he gets to AIT. The extra BAH would really help out. I mean, Applebee's doesn't pay a whole lot. 
    Twin boys due 7/25/12

imageSammy0709:
    OP, I don't know why you didn't just JOP before basic so your BF could be super rich from all the extra benefits.

Because we have an entire wedding planned.  We've already bought the dress and reserved the reception hall.  What am I supposed to do? 

You can do both!
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imageMrsOjoButtons:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:

imageSammy0709:

You can do both!

That's right but you have to lie to all of your family to make it like a real wedding.

• My soon to be x said he didn't pop a boner the whole time because he was too exhausted. The other guys in his flight joked that they put stuff in the water that chemically castrated them. But really, I got two letters from him and he was not cheating in any way or form at that time. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
    imageapril2891:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imageapril2891:

I can honestly say i don't think i know who that is... (aw there is no *blink blink* smiley Sad )
  • imageLemonLover33:
    My soon to be x said he didn't pop a boner the whole time because he was too exhausted. The other guys in his flight joked that they put stuff in the water that chemically castrated them. But really, I got two letters from him and he was not cheating in any way or form at that time. 

Maybe that's it.  Thanks.  I am just out of sorts.  I don't know what I should do!  And no, Applebees doesn't pay a lot of money, but I support myself.  I don't use my bf's money for anything.  We are putting all of that toward our wedding. 

• imageapril2891:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imageapril2891:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    imageapril2891:

I can honestly say i don't think i know who that is... (aw there is no *blink blink* smiley Sad )

HAHA!  That is one of those things you should google before giving your child a name for life!  LOLOLOL.  But who am I to talk, my bf is cheating.  :(

imageLemonLover33:
    My soon to be x said he didn't pop a boner the whole time because he was too exhausted. The other guys in his flight joked that they put stuff in the water that chemically castrated them. But really, I got two letters from him and he was not cheating in any way or form at that time. 

Maybe that's it.  Thanks.  I am just out of sorts.  I don't know what I should do!  And no, Applebees doesn't pay a lot of money, but I support myself.  I don't use my bf's money for anything.  We are putting all of that toward our wedding. 

I'm so glad to see you were at least able to take the time out of cheating to come up with a nice slogan for your sig.  When you get tired of that one you should put one about how being a spouse is the toughest job in the military. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMaryboo247:
    He's gay.

Only on the weekends, Mary.

• imageMaryboo247:
    He's gay.
    Why are you so mean??
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • imagednbeach12:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:

imageLemonLover33:

I'm so glad to see you were at least able to take the time out of cheating to come up with a nice slogan for your sig.  When you get tired of that one you should put one about how being a spouse is the toughest job in the military. 

LOL

Shot first, questions later.
  • imageMaryboo247:
    He's gay.

Oh man, has he been there since the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell?  I bet you were just a front until that went through. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSammy0709:

imageMaryboo247:
    He's gay.

lol
  • I'm not sure why you guys are being so mean?  I came here for help.  That's what these boards are for.  I think you are all just bitter and don't understand what we are going thru.  Please stop making fun of me and offer some constructive criticism!  I wouldn't be mean to a stranger just to be mean.  Why are you guys doing that?
    I'm not sure why you guys are being so mean?  I came here for help.  That's what these boards are for.  I think you are all just bitter and don't understand what we are going thru.  Please stop making fun of me and offer some constructive criticism!  I wouldn't be mean to a stranger just to be mean.  Why are you guys doing that?
    Eh don't worry their hitting me too... the post "you don't know me" yeah that was about one of my post, just brush it off.
  • imageapril2891:
    imagemypearlshisdogtags:
    I'm not sure why you guys are being so mean?  I came here for help.  That's what these boards are for.  I think you are all just bitter and don't understand what we are going thru.  Please stop making fun of me and offer some constructive criticism!  I wouldn't be mean to a stranger just to be mean.  Why are you guys doing that?
    Eh don't worry their hitting me too... the post "don't judge me" yeah that was about one of my post, just brush it off.

Thanks.  What is wrong with these people?  I'm just asking for advice.  And I am so sad about the situation, and nobody seems to care.   

• imageSammy0709:

imageMaryboo247:
    He's gay.

ROFL at both of you.

PhotobucketMilitary Newlyweds FAQ Button