International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How do you select a moving company?

Dilemma. I asked around my IRL friends for recs/good experiences with no luck. So I'm looking online at the most popular moving companies but they all have such mixed/bad reviews that it's hardly helping me choose.

Should I trust the reviews? I've never hired movers so, in your experience, what are the factors I should pay attention to the most? Cost is an issue, although I won't mind spending a couple of hundred dollars more if it can spare me the risk of having my stuff damaged. Any advice appreciated!

Re: How do you select a moving company?

• I did a bunch of research as I didn't have access to any reviews really. I just weighed out everything - cost, their insurance policies, shipping policies (like the one we chose packed our stuff for us, which meant is was their full responsibiliity if something was damaged. We had a few weeks after delivery to confirm that nothing was damaged). Also where stuff is picked up/delivered - whether they'd send it to my house, or I had to get it at the port. How customs is processed etc.

I just created a spreadsheet so I could compare them all then chose!

GL :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use  http://www.everyblock.com/  for Chicago to keep up with what's going on in our neighborhood. They have one for NYC. I've seen people ask for moving recommendations there before. Maybe you can have some luck with that.
    36/366 No Fear --- Finishing Project 366
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Allison has read 10 books toward her goal of 30 books.
    hide

Now Nesting from Chicago, IL My nail blog: