October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Remodel Update

So - DH and I started remodeling last week.  After 4 full days of work and one enormous dumpster being full to the max, we're nearly done with it all.  We still have to pull up a little bit of the old flooring but we've taken the last few days off to rest and recuperate.  Neither DH or I could really move our arms above our heads for a while there.  :)  We're heading to the family cabin for the weekend but will get the remaining floor up next week so that we can put down a new subfloor and get ready for the electrician to come back to run new circuits!    

We took out the plaster in walls in 2 rooms, took out and demolished the old cabinets and countertops,took off the ugly super duper gloppy painted trim,  took out one wall completely, removed a chimney, and took out almost all the floors.  Things are going to move fast once the electrician is done.

Pics enclosed, I think.  I've never been good at putting them in.  1st should be pre-demo (but I was emptying cabinets so ignore the mess), 2nd is during demo - black stuff is adhesive, not mold.  3rd is the chimney going through the middle.  4th is dark since I took out the overhead lights so they wouldn't get damaged but the chimney is totally gone.

Re: Remodel Update