Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hotels in Vienna:)

Hi folks,

Still on the search for lodging in Vienna during June.  My husband likes Opera Suites.  Most of the hotels seem to try to have that European charm which to me just looks old and dated and not in a good way.  Any suggestions?  I would like something a little more modern and cookie cutter if it need be.  We would like to stay around or under 200 us dollars a night and close to the city center if possible.  Has any one stayed at Mercure Wien Zentrum?

Thanks!!

Re: Hotels in Vienna:)

• I stayed at the Hilton on Staadtpark for work. It was fine and relatively well located--walking distance to Stephansdom and that cool neighborhood. I don't know the cost since work paid up front (it was a conference). Nothing amazing, but it fits your cookie cutter description. Breakfast was FABULOUS.
  • My parents stayed at the Hilton Danube in December. They really liked it, and had a nice view of the river. It was cheaper than other hotels in the city centre, and really close to the metro. They also said the breakfast was great!! Must be an Austrian thing...or a Hilton thing :)
  • Yeah, I actually took a picture of the breakfast my first day because it was so nice! I had a fresh Belgian-style waffle, a hard boiled egg, some fruit, and really nice tea.

And there were tons of other options, including an entire hot buffet (scrambled eggs, bacon, etc), a cold buffet (yogurt, fruit, cereals), and a carb buffet (croissants, pain au chocolat), etc. The chefs did made-to-order omelettes, pancakes and the afore-mentioned waffles.

There was a whole selection of teas and coffees, and you could order a latte etc from your table. They brought around fresh-squeezed orange juice to your table. Yum!

• Thanks for the suggestions!!  That breakfast does sound delicious!!