Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

CrossFit Open WOD 12.2

MEN - includes Masters Men up to 54 years old

Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
75 pound Snatch, 30 reps
135 pound Snatch, 30 reps
165 pound Snatch, 30 reps
210 pound Snatch, as many reps as possible

WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old

Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
45 pound Snatch, 30 reps
75 pound Snatch, 30 reps
100 pound Snatch, 30 reps
120 pound Snatch, as many reps as possible

Who's doing it? I can't hang with those Snatch weights and am dead from Tabata tonight so I will be skipping it. I can't believe how big they are going on only the second week. Damn. We were talking before class tonight and we don't have a single woman in the box who can successfully get up a 120# Snatch.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CrossFit Open WOD 12.2

• I'll be doing it. I think I can get through the 45 and 75 but there is no way I can do 100. This is going to suck. SUCK. LOL
  • Seriously, burpees are a move anyone can do, but the snatch is *so* technical.

I know I can do 100, so I'm hoping to burn through the 45# and 75# and at least get a few of the 100, but I'm sure I'll be pretty fried by that point.

Luckily, we've got at least one woman who can pull the 120#.  Man, they are going big!!

image image Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • While I loath the snatch and am seriously not looking forward to doing this tomorrow morning, I love that it's the second workout.  Workout No. 1 really benefitted smaller athletes - it's nice to have one that benefits the bigger/stronger ones.  (This really did not happen in last year's open).  I think this makes it more even and tests everyone's strengths and weaknesses.  Plus, as PP mentioned, snatches are fairly technical (which is why I am terrible at them, it's not the weight, but my form that is the problem).

I would like a little variety b/c no matter what, I hate WODs that are only one movement. 

• Just did 12.2 and got a 61.

Got through the 45 and 75 in just over 5 minutes, no big deal, nice and easy.

Failed my first couple attempts at 100 and stuck the 3rd one, but I was SO tired and my form went all to hell.  At least I got over the 60 mark because I think there will be a big division on the leaderboard at that point.

I may try again on Sunday morning, but I definitely need a little time to rest before trying it again.  We do have two bigger/powerhouse gals at our box who will carry the women's team score, but it's nice to contribute in any way I can.

• image suzannepdc:

While I loath the snatch and am seriously not looking forward to doing this tomorrow morning, I love that it's the second workout.  Workout No. 1 really benefitted smaller athletes - it's nice to have one that benefits the bigger/stronger ones.  (This really did not happen in last year's open).  I think this makes it more even and tests everyone's strengths and weaknesses.  Plus, as PP mentioned, snatches are fairly technical (which is why I am terrible at them, it's not the weight, but my form that is the problem).

I would like a little variety b/c no matter what, I hate WODs that are only one movement. 

You are very correct about it benefiting bigger athletes. The weekly lead for women only did 83 burpees but got 97 snatches which is on par with the mens leader.

• image hikerbeth:

Just did 12.2 and got a 61.

Failed my first couple attempts at 100 and stuck the 3rd one, but I was SO tired and my form went all to hell.  At least I got over the 60 mark because I think there will be a big division on the leaderboard at that point.

I may try again on Sunday morning, but I definitely need a little time to rest before trying it again.  We do have two bigger/powerhouse gals at our box who will carry the women's team score, but it's nice to contribute in any way I can.

Good job! You may do better the second time but I'd be afraid to be intimidated knowing just how hard 100 will be.

• image Lace&Josh:
    image hikerbeth:

Just did 12.2 and got a 61.

Good job! You may do better the second time but I'd be afraid to be intimidated knowing just how hard 100 will be.

I know I can get another rep or 2 if I focus on my form and don't panic. . . and I am right on the cusp of being "third in line" to help the team score. . . as I said, there are 2 women who will definitely contribute and then there are about 3 more of us that are in line for the next spot.

I have no problems with 95#. . . it's amazing how heavy that extra 5# feels, so I know a lot of it is mental :)

• image hikerbeth:

I have no problems with 95#. . . it's amazing how heavy that extra 5# feels, so I know a lot of it is mental :)

That is so true! We did a one rep max on shoulder press last night and I couldn't get 5 more pounds. It was so frustrating!