Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

rec. your cold cures!

I hear a couple different things other people swear by for preventive and curing cold treatments:

Airborne (I have chewables--is the original drink powder better? I need to stock up on whatever works best)

Nyquil/Dayquil (syrup, not tablets) 

Alkaseltzer (fizzing tablet)

Here are a couple unique ones:

baking soda/cider vinegar "tea"

Vick's humidifier 

What do you rely on for preventing and killing your colds?

save the date
"Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>

Re: rec. your cold cures!

• Running outside, orange juice/vitamin C, zinc, rest, and plenty of fluids.
    Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • Airborne on-the-go packets (they mix better than the tablets), Zicam melts, oil of oregano, running outdoors, getting more sleep and staying hydrated.
  • image xstarx05x:

I hear a couple different things other people swear by for preventive and curing cold treatments:

Airborne (I have chewables--is the original drink powder better? I need to stock up on whatever works best)

Nyquil/Dayquil (syrup, not tablets) 

Alkaseltzer (fizzing tablet)

Here are a couple unique ones:

Vick's humidifier 

What do you rely on for preventing and killing your colds?

How does that work? Wouldn't it just fizz like a science experiment? I'm not so sure I'd want to ingest something I use to clean out our drains.

• Oil of oregano, garlic tablets, ester-c, and neti pot.  This combination has kept me from really getting sick for about a year now. 
    Sunshine-n-Wine Travel Blog

• I have a juicer and making a orange, carrot, ginger juice really helps. 
  • Thanks for everyone's input so far!

image GRKaters:
    image xstarx05x:

How does that work? Wouldn't it just fizz like a science experiment? I'm not so sure I'd want to ingest something I use to clean out our drains.

1/2 tsp cider vinegar
    1/2 tsp baking soda (NOT baking powder)
    honey to taste (I usually add about 2 tsps)
    tall mug of hot water 

it fizzes a bit (not quite like the traditional volcano experiment!) but you don't use a whole lot and you stir it out. I guess it sort of does clean out our drains too! haha - but it's not like you're drinking bleach...  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v22vEVZd6C4

http://www.livestrong.com/article/109413-apple-cold-remedy/ 

I haven't really studied it, but my friend is obsessed. There are people who say it's cured them of cancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoUZGrix9Ek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8Y8I_TsjI   

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • Ha! Here is my experience from last week - I thought I was sucha hotshot! Starting Wed last week I felt a cold coming on and we had a ski trip planned for the weekend. I started pumping myslef full of Odwalla C-Monster, Zicam and Vitamin C tablets. Also took it easy and got plenty of sleep. I thought I was in the clear (and ended up having a great weekend) only to have to hit me on Sunday on the way home but in the form of pink eye, crap just started coming out of my eye out of nowhere!! YUCK! But hey, I had a great weekend and I really did feel I won the battle until I let my guard down ;-)
    Lucia - 11/28/08 ~ Holly - 10/6/06
    [IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/s_angel0/HL-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image s_angel:
    Ha! Here is my experience from last week - I thought I was sucha hotshot! Starting Wed last week I felt a cold coming on and we had a ski trip planned for the weekend. I started pumping myslef full of Odwalla C-Monster, Zicam and Vitamin C tablets. Also took it easy and got plenty of sleep. I thought I was in the clear (and ended up having a great weekend) only to have to hit me on Sunday on the way home but in the form of pink eye, crap just started coming out of my eye out of nowhere!! YUCK! But hey, I had a great weekend and I really did feel I won the battle until I let my guard down ;-)

oh no!! that's always unpleasant... glad you got to enjoy your weekend at least :)

I can't get sick at all! this is only my 2nd week at my new job and I'm singing this weekend at church! 

btw your badges made me laugh 

save the date