Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone running RnR Mardi Gras Marathon in Nola Sunday?

Just checking in.  My dh and I will be running the half.  This is our first race together so I'm excited.

Re: Anyone running RnR Mardi Gras Marathon in Nola Sunday?

• My hubs is running the full so the girls and I will be all over the course cheering
  • I am doing the half - I am super excited, my first trip to NOLA - we are staying for the week after the race.
  • Good luck to Mr. Kat and DallasBride.  So far the weather is looking promising but I'm hoping it cools off just a bit before Sunday. 

• I think my sister is running the half.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Jealous! Last year, the full was my 1st marathon. Loved every minute of it. RnR made some changes to the course for this year. Good for the half, bad for the full. The start moved to a better location closer to the French Quarter. If you are looking for pasta, go to Mona Lisa's in the French Quarter. That was one of the hardest things! The food in NOLA is really good, but I couldn't eat any of it until after the race.
    Karen 7.28.07

Running on the Rhode

I hate you very much
  • image psyri:
    Jealous! Last year, the full was my 1st marathon. Loved every minute of it. RnR made some changes to the course for this year. Good for the half, bad for the full. The start moved to a better location closer to the French Quarter. If you are looking for pasta, go to Mona Lisa's in the French Quarter. That was one of the hardest things! The food in NOLA is really good, but I couldn't eat any of it until after the race.

We always rent a house so hubs can cook for himself there pre-race, because like you said, you can't really enjoy cajun food until post race!