Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Maryboo247*- Pandemonium SPOILERS

You had to see the ending coming, right?  There was no way that I thought Alex was really dead
Books read in 2009: 112
Books read in 2010: 153
Books read in 2011: 160
Books read in 2012: 134
Books read in 2013: 110
Books read in 2014: 151
Books read in 2015: 153
Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
<a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi

Re: *Maryboo247*- Pandemonium SPOILERS

• I thought it would, but then there were only a few pages left and thinking Lauren Oliver wouldn't torture me like that, I let my guard down. I hate it when books end like this!

That whole "Don't believer her" deal makes me think Alex is going to be p!ssed/spiteful/crazy? a la Peeta. 

67/200
  • OMG I just finished it. I was waiting for him to show up the whole time and I knew it when Raven said someone came in from Portland. He is gonna be PISSED. I was actually kind of annoyed with Lena falling for Julian. It's like in the back of my mind I thought Alex might reappear and I just wanted it to be him and not Julian. 

I think I liked this book slightly less just because I missed Alex so much and it kept me from liking Julian.

Also, I found a lot of things to be predictable. Still 4 stars, though!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    my read shelf:
    Christina Frey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Completely agree that Alex is going to be pissed!

And Ctina - I was also annoyed with Lena falling for Julian.  I thought it was too predictable and "oh of course, a love triangle!"  However, I have no thoughts one way or the other about who she would choose!

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

<a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • Maybe the cancer will come back and Julian will die.

I doubt things will be that easy though lol. 

67/200
  • image packfan20:

Completely agree that Alex is going to be pissed!

And Ctina - I was also annoyed with Lena falling for Julian.  I thought it was too predictable and "oh of course, a love triangle!"  However, I have no thoughts one way or the other about who she would choose!

I want her to choose Alex for sure. But, he will likely be upset and not want to take her back right away, anyway. I would predict them not getting back together right away, re-working out a friendship/understanding and then getting together in the end. At least, I hope. 

my read shelf:
    Christina Frey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image ctinaleigh:
    image packfan20:

I want her to choose Alex for sure. But, he will likely be upset and not want to take her back right away, anyway. I would predict them not getting back together right away, re-working out a friendship/understanding and then getting together in the end. At least, I hope. 

THEY BETTER.

Or I will be upset.

Julian could realize he just hooked onto the first not-cured person he encountered, that what they have is love- but they aren't "in love" until he meets someone else in the wilds.

67/200
  • image Maryboo247:
    image ctinaleigh:
    image packfan20:

THEY BETTER.

Or I will be upset.

Julian could realize he just hooked onto the first not-cured person he encountered, that what they have is love- but they aren't "in love" until he meets someone else in the wilds.

I like this.  I didn't really believe their love story anyway so this would work.  Obviously, Alex is going to be mad and not understand why Lena trusts Julian.  I do hope we hear about where Alex was!

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

• Sooooo.....how long do we have to wait for the next book?

67/200
  • image Maryboo247:
    Sooooo.....how long do we have to wait for the next book?

GR says 2013. Google tells me Feb 2013. If so, that's not too bad.

my read shelf:
  • image Maryboo247:
    Sooooo.....how long do we have to wait for the next book?

From Lauren Oliver's website:  Expected Publication Date: February 2013

Lilypie - (Bh7p)