I usually lurk on the money matters board, but you guys seem to have a lot of good ideas and tips, so I was hoping to get some feedback on where to go next.
We honeymooned in Jackson Hole in September and loved everything about it, the scenery, the food, the laid back culture, we had a blast. So we want to go somewhere with a similar feel but on a new adventure. We were thinking:
- somewhere with a small town feel, but welcoming to tourist
- good food, local breweries
- gorgeous landscapes, see wildlife (national park)
- take day trips and take off on our own adventures
- nice hotel or resort, no best westerns or anything like that
- maybe something near a large lake as H likes to boat, boat rentals would be a plus
Does anyone have any good idea? I was thinking Lake Tahoe, but we aren't skiers and will be visiting in August/ September and I haven't been able to find out too much about the summer activities. I'd love to go to the Grand Canyon but when I researched on tripadvisor I didn't see many nice hotels or good places to dine.