Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update: Won't be surprising DH

DH's boss slipped up and let the cat out of the bag, LOL. He said something to the effect of taking time off and his manager said, ?Yeah, Roar e-mailed me.? And he was like WHAT? WHY? And so she had to fess up. And then he called me and said ?If you booked that trip it would have been so awesome, but yeah, spending $1500 airfare only without me knowing would have pissed me off crazy."

So good thing I didn't do it! 

I swim because I'm too damned sexy for a sport that requires real clothing.

Re: Update: Won't be surprising DH

• awww, what a bummer :( 

but if he would have been pissed then probably not the best birthday surprise.

• Sounds like it all worked out for the best!
    <a href="http://www.notyourmommascookie.com" target="_blank">Not Your Momma's Cookie: Cookie Decorating and More</a>
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2uib0it.jpg[/IMG]
  • He said it's not the trip planning or the vacation that would have upset him, it was the spending that amount of money without telling him. I mean, we aren't broke, but $1500 for just airfare isn't chump change to us either.

So then he said that he's thankful that he doesn't have to go through his boss about time off because now she knows that he wants it, LOL. 

• His boss couldn't keep her mouth shut for one day? Dang!!
  • I'm curious what your husband does for work that you contacted his boss about this.  I'd be so not happy if my husband reached out to my boss for a vacation (and DH would be too if I reached out to his boss) and DH and I work for the same company.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image cltk12:
    I'm curious what your husband does for work that you contacted his boss about this.  I'd be so not happy if my husband reached out to my boss for a vacation (and DH would be too if I reached out to his boss) and DH and I work for the same company.

He works at a university as an athletic administrator. She's a pretty chill lady who he has a pretty good working relationship with (and obviously I'm comfortable around her too).   

• image cltk12:
    I'm curious what your husband does for work that you contacted his boss about this.  I'd be so not happy if my husband reached out to my boss for a vacation (and DH would be too if I reached out to his boss) and DH and I work for the same company.

Sorry to thread jack but roar & cltk -- can ask you about contacting the boss?

DH works for the gov't.  I'm throwing him a surprise party in April & his whole family is coming in from all over the country.  I was thinking about contacting his boss to ask her to give him that Monday off b/c his whole family rarely gets to spend that much time together but I'm very leery about getting mixed up in his work.  I have to do this soon if I'm going to. 

• Bummer.  I guess it's for the best if he would have been mad.

So are you still going, just not as a surprise?  Or no trip at all?
    Vacation

Vacation
  • image dalm0m:

image cltk12:

Sorry to thread jack but roar & cltk -- can ask you about contacting the boss?

DH works for the gov't.  I'm throwing him a surprise party in April & his whole family is coming in from all over the country.  I was thinking about contacting his boss to ask her to give him that Monday off b/c his whole family rarely gets to spend that much time together but I'm very leery about getting mixed up in his work.  I have to do this soon if I'm going to. 

I didn't have any issues contacting his manager - but I know her, she knows me, and we've spent time outside of work socializing. (Plus her e-mail is on an online directory, so it was easy to get) I think it really depends on how well you know his boss and if you think that they would be okay with you contacting them out of the blue. After the whole cover was blown, I asked DH if he was upset about me contacting her and he said no, he was fine with it.

For me, if my DH contacted my manager, I think my manager would think it odd (because he's never met her, much less spent any time with her) and our company contact information is not open to the public. Would I be mad? No.

In a nutshell, it really depends on how well you know them and vice versa. 

• image sunshine_day_dreams:

Bummer.  I guess it's for the best if he would have been mad.

So are you still going, just not as a surprise?  Or no trip at all?

We're still going somewhere, just not as a surprise. DH said he'd rather keep the trip domestic to save $$$ and spend it on our summer and fall trips.