Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

CO skiing in April?

Has anyone gone skiing in CO in early April?  I was thinking of going over Easter.  How is it? 

Re: CO skiing in April?

• Pretty much every resort is open through April. Our snow has been down this winter, but there is still a lot of time left to get more snow.
  • It can be hit or miss.  All the resorts should be open - but the snow hasn't been great this year (although Steamboat did just get ~ 5 feet in the past 2 weeks).  Depending on what resort you want to go to there are a lot of fun events/festivals going on as the season winds down.  I was at Winter Park this weekend and some of the blue and black runs I was still skiing over rocks and shrubs....  the snow will probably be a little slushy - but usually there are more blue skies and 20-30 degree days which is awesome weather to ski in (bring your sunblock)
  • I agree with PPs, depends on the resort this year.  Steamboat has been doing really well with new snow, I would recommend going there for the best snow.

If you're just a green skiier though, it shouldn't really matter, b/c all the greens will be groomed. 

• I wouldn't plan on a big trip.  I've certainly skied in April, but that was when living in Denver.  I've also been stuck in a rainstorm in Vail the first week of April.

It's so unpredictable I wouldn't invest in plane tickets and hotel reservations that are non-refundable.

Steamboat might have a lot of snow at the moment (I'm quite jealous of the pics my friends are posting), but it's a fairly low resort.  Spring skiing there can be really really slushy.  And if you're a beginner skier (at most mountains) you're stuck toward the warmer slushier bottom.  Vail at least has high green runs.  It might be ok early April.