Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Randoms

Re: Randoms

• imageaudreyhorne:
    imageCaliopeSpidrman:
    imageaudreyhorne:

Until a couple days ago I'd been drinking like a fish, haven't been taking vitamins, gulping green tea, etc.

What's this about green tea now?  That's bad?

It was something I remember from being pregnant with Jane. My doctor didn't care, some may.

I think it's just "bad" because it's caffeinated.  And most doctors say that it's ok to have some caffeine.  So, you're ok to have a cup of green tea, but not ten cups.

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • imagekrisdi78:

One of the things we're having at Delilah's Sesame Street themed party this weekend is fried chicken and I really want to label it Big Bird.  But, I'm guessing that would be wrong.

That would be amazing.

I am just finishing your pops now!  I posted two pics on FB but I still have to finish Big Birds and Oscars. They will be on their way to you this evening. :) 

"Once I got a bath bomb that, once exploded, filled the tub with confetti. Little sharp metallic pieces of confetti. The product description said nothing about confetti. Oh look, there's a tiny, sharp metallic blue star stabbing me in the labia. HOW RELAXING. " - NoisyPenguin
  • I am so sucked in to Downton Abbey, I dreamed about it last night.

I have a part time job working on a research project for one of my old (science) professors in conjunction with a (the) top biotech IP lawyer in town. We met on Friday and they were both really really happy with my work and gave me really good direction. Also they said I'm totally free to use what I've been working on as my capstone paper. So I'm getting paid to do my capstone and getting in good with a really important partner....c'mon big money, mama needs a new toilet.

This morning I told Sean he was "growing up so fast" because I noticed his pajamas weren't long on him anymore. He looked at me puzzled and said "Go fast? Ohhhhkay!" and took off running through the house yelling "FAST! FAST! FAST! FAST!"

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • imageboxerfan:
    imageaudreyhorne:
    imageCaliopeSpidrman:
    imageaudreyhorne:

Until a couple days ago I'd been drinking like a fish, haven't been taking vitamins, gulping green tea, etc.

It was something I remember from being pregnant with Jane. My doctor didn't care, some may.

I think it's just "bad" because it's caffeinated.  And most doctors say that it's ok to have some caffeine.  So, you're ok to have a cup of green tea, but not ten cups.

Ahh, okay then.  The green tea I'm drinking daily only has 24mg of caffeine, so I'm glad I won't have to give it up if I get pregnified.  It's not much caffeine, but it's enough to get me going in the mornings.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • imageColey7788:
    imagekrisdi78:

One of the things we're having at Delilah's Sesame Street themed party this weekend is fried chicken and I really want to label it Big Bird.  But, I'm guessing that would be wrong.

That would be amazing.

I am just finishing your pops now!  I posted two pics on FB but I still have to finish Big Birds and Oscars. They will be on their way to you this evening. :) 

Yay!! I'm excited to see them.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Why stay in the 270 loop?  I never do anything anymore!  And when I do I feel like its rarely in the city.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldnt head too far out, but I may cross that line.
  • Also, my H is annoying me. He pulled the "my mouth hurts" card alllllll weekend...until his friend wanted to go to the bar last night and then he was magically ok.

Fcuking manpain. 

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • Cute kid story for you all.

So Maggie always tells me "I missed you, Mommy!" when I get home from work. It's sweet. Owen has a lot of love for his mom these days (can you blame him?) and yesterday kept following me around, hugging my legs, and saying "I miss you, Mommy! I love you, Mommy! Aaw!" It's the first time he's said he loves me. So heart melting.

Also I have a funny video of Maggie dancing to Bruno Mars last night but I can't get it to upload at the moment. 

image Ready to rumble.
  • imageboxerfan:
    imageaudreyhorne:
    imageCaliopeSpidrman:
    imageaudreyhorne:

Peppermint tea is caffeine free and really soothing and delicious, if you were inclined to give up the green.  
  • Good lord you guys are killing me with your sweet sweet toddler stories. My ovaries can't take it. 
  • imageChristinS:
    Peppermint tea is caffeine free and really soothing and delicious, if you were inclined to give up the green.  

No ma'am.  The reason I drink the green tea is for it's mild caffeine boost.

• At Ethan's 18 mo check up, they told me they can only schedule appointments 4 months out, so I would need to call back in Feb to schedule his 2y appointment.

It occurred to me today that it is February. I just had the following conversation with the front desk

me: I need to schedule a 2y well visit. His DOB is May 31 2011

her: okay, that's the last day on our current calendar. Would you like 9:30?

me: That's a Thursday, right? Could we possibly make in on the 30th since I'm off work on Wed and Fri?

her: No. He won't be 2 then.

me: okay, then can I do Friday, June 1. 

her: No. I can only make appointments through May. You'll have to call in March for a June appointment. 

Me: Alright then. Thanks for your help.

So, it's stupid to be annoyed, but good grief. Apparently, some magic switch is going to flip between the 30 and 31 that will allow the doctor to see more information about his growth.  Now, I have to try to remember to call again in March.

• Fran left for Miami this morning and I'm 95% sure he's going to forget that tomorrow is Valentine's Day.
  • imagebuddhagouda:

So, it's stupid to be annoyed, but good grief.

I don't think it's stupid to be annoyed.  In fact, it sounds like the only logical reaction. Could they make this more complicated if they tried?

Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • FYI -- Birthday cake Oreos = YES.
  • I just ate an entire piece of chocolate cake and I am afraid I am going to burst into full on tears right this second. Like, I may have to excuse myself. I am overwhelmed suddenly by sadness. WTF?
  • imagewingedbride:
    I just ate an entire piece of chocolate cake and I am afraid I am going to burst into full on tears right this second. Like, I may have to excuse myself. I am overwhelmed suddenly by sadness. WTF?
    Is this a hormone thing, or do ou just wish you had more cake?
  • Why so sad, Wing a ding?

We might put in a low ball offer on a bank owned home in Davis (it's rare to find something like that in Davis). After we dump a bunch of money into upgrading it, it would cost about the same as a huge, fancy house with a big fancy pool just 10 miles down the road. The problem is the public school system in Davis is top tier (according to test scores anyways) and the schools down the road are like way below average. And their expulsion/suspension rates make me shudder.

So, do I want to spend money on a teeny fixer upper where my kid can ride their bike to public school (for all 13 years), or do I want to live in a nice house and send my kid to private school?

My hypothetical kid, that is.

11/11/11 = 5 years. Woah!
  • I'd cry if my cake were all gone too.

In fact, ever since you posted about your goddamn cookie, I have been craving one of those cookie cake things like crazy.  I told Mr. Spiderman yesterday that it's all I want for VDay.  

• imageaudreyhorne:
    Let me see what this week is like.

I can already tell you this week is terrible for me (I assume S is going to SMCSTL on Thursday as well?).

Can you not test until next week, then we could do boozy brunch on Sunday!  I realize this is a long shot.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • I seriously have no idea. And I am ok right now. I just felt suddenly overwhelmed by sadness. Maybe they put something in the chocolate. 

I got distracted by Bethie's page and got over it, so I guess it wasn't too bad.

And I wanted to respond to everyone's posts and I can't even remember now, so whatever. 

• Audrey, how exciting! Sorry you feel all weepy, Winged. I should be prepping for a 2 hr conference call right now. Shoot me. Mabel peed in our bed on Saturday morning and then put herself in timeout for pretty much the whole weekend (sitting behind a chair facing the wall). I wanted to be more mad at her, but her shame and self inflicted punishment made my anger seem unnecessary. Dinner on Sat night rocked my socks. Seriously one of the best meals I've had.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • imagelisaiesha:

Why so sad, Wing a ding?

We might put in a low ball offer on a bank owned home in Davis (it's rare to find something like that in Davis). After we dump a bunch of money into upgrading it, it would cost about the same as a huge, fancy house with a big fancy pool just 10 miles down the road. The problem is the public school system in Davis is top tier (according to test scores anyways) and the schools down the road are like way below average. And their expulsion/suspension rates make me shudder.

So, do I want to spend money on a teeny fixer upper where my kid can ride their bike to public school (for all 13 years), or do I want to live in a nice house and send my kid to private school?

My hypothetical kid, that is.

I'd go for the fixer with the good schools. I'm guessing it's a closer-knit community, and getting to ride your bike home, with the kind of socialization it brings, can't be bought these days. But then, I always wanted to live on some version of Sesame Street. And that way you can make the house how you want it, not what some builder thought would sell. 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • A stranger just commented on an old youtube video of Ian and it brought me back to when he was a baby.  It was one of my favorites.  

• I'm having one of those days that make me wish I could pop half a xanax before interacting with anyone.

I'm eating qunioa and black bean salad and I'm pretty sure I would kick someone for some McD's fries.

My dog is limping and I don't know why and I'm freaking out and probably need to never have kids because I would never sleep and just walk around in an anxiety-ridden fog their whole life. Holy run-on sentence, Batman.

• image_Fenton:

imageaudreyhorne:
    Let me see what this week is like.

I can already tell you this week is terrible for me (I assume S is going to SMCSTL on Thursday as well?).

Can you not test until next week, then we could do boozy brunch on Sunday!  I realize this is a long shot.

Lol, probably. S isn't doing SMCSTL; he's into a web design group now, but it's on Wednesday. I'll let you know about Sunday-maybe Christin can make the trek in from the boondocks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, we don't exactly have to drink booze (or at least you), we can still hang out! Please, yes, this.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • imagebuddhagouda:

At Ethan's 18 mo check up, they told me they can only schedule appointments 4 months out, so I would need to call back in Feb to schedule his 2y appointment.

It occurred to me today that it is February. I just had the following conversation with the front desk

me: I need to schedule a 2y well visit. His DOB is May 31 2011

her: okay, that's the last day on our current calendar. Would you like 9:30?

me: That's a Thursday, right? Could we possibly make in on the 30th since I'm off work on Wed and Fri?

her: No. He won't be 2 then.

me: okay, then can I do Friday, June 1. 

her: No. I can only make appointments through May. You'll have to call in March for a June appointment. 

Me: Alright then. Thanks for your help.

So, it's stupid to be annoyed, but good grief. Apparently, some magic switch is going to flip between the 30 and 31 that will allow the doctor to see more information about his growth.  Now, I have to try to remember to call again in March.

Definitely annoying, but they may not be able to do it before he's 2 due to insurance stipulations.  I know they can be really stupid about it sometimes. Also, my mom told me she had some of my brother's shots done a couple days before his birthday when he was young and they gave her a hard time about it when he was entering school, so the doc changed the date.

IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Hmmmm...Random - I got offered a promotion at work, but they still haven't told me how much more it pays. So far I've been like, "yeah, whatever, give me more money," but I'm leaning towards taking it just to get the title and make it easier to move to the private sector in the future.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2agujx0.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome to my dojo.
  • Cali's posts have made me mad at myself for not stopping to pick up Birthday Cake Oreos that someone mentioned on the Bump yesterday but then extremely happy that one of my kids is bringing cookie cake for their birthday tomorrow. So I guess I don't have to make myself go back out to the store tonight.
    I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz