Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ettm: diva cup?

2»

Re: ettm: diva cup?

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • I'm kind of amazed at how many people are grossed out by this. I don't find it any more disgusting than tampons where you're basically shoving pieces of cotton up your hooha to soak up all the blood and other cm or a pad that is basically a glorified diaper.

I've also heard that using a diva cup (or at least organic sanitation products) helps alleviate cramps cause there's no chemicals that seep out into your vaginal area.

image Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I use the diva cup and have for years. It's way easier than using pads or tampons. It's also more environmentally friendly and more cost effective.

I'm also really surprised by the number of you grossed out.. you empty the dc only twice a day, certainly less than changing out other products, which have the same function, every couple of hours.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • lol. i hate my period, it grosses me out all the time, the thought of it makes me want to barf.. so handling it anymore makes me wanna barf.

and i understand that the cup and the tampon serve the same purpose, i just think because it's a new idea to me, it makes me want to hurl even more.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I'm really grossed out by my period too, hence the super human status for 11 years, and it's the "pour it out" part that really got to me. I don't know why, but that really grosses me out.
  • I should also say I refuse to use tampons because of all the chemicals you are putting into your body!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • There is a hilarious review on the diva cup on Amazon. Pretty graphic though.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • image PurposelyVague:

I use the diva cup and have for years. It's way easier than using pads or tampons. It's also more environmentally friendly and more cost effective.

I'm also really surprised by the number of you grossed out.. you empty the dc only twice a day, certainly less than changing out other products, which have the same function, every couple of hours.

Yes

Yeah, I think the "barf" reactions are pretty immature.

I've used a DC for four years (well, haven't for the last six weeks due to being pregnant), and love it. I've saved tons of money and waste by not using tampons. It's also so much more comfortable, especially during light days (when inserting a tampon felt like rubbing sandpaper on my business).

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/35jeero.jpg[/IMG]
  • image CatBus:
    image PurposelyVague:

I use the diva cup and have for years. It's way easier than using pads or tampons. It's also more environmentally friendly and more cost effective.

Yes

I agree with all of the above.

I've used the Divacup for just over 2 years and love it. I like it because it makes dealing with my period easier. I think it's way less messy and time consuming than tampons or pads.

• image cheryl2006:
    image CatBus:
    image PurposelyVague:

Yes

I agree with all of the above.

I've used the Divacup for just over 2 years and love it. I like it because it makes dealing with my period easier. I think it's way less messy and time consuming than tampons or pads.

I'm another happy Divacup user. :D Though, I have to say -- having to get a new/different sized one after pregnancy is annoying. But I'm thinking about changing brands to the Fleurcup.

Also, didn't we just have a thread on this not too long ago?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary