Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happiness is . . . H&F related

a new pair of running shoes and an albeit slow, but vomit free, 4 mile run.

What's yours? 

?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
Visit The Nest! image
Anniversary
GP buddy to blenderdance
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Happiness is . . . H&F related

• love that new shoe smell.

happiness is getting under 10 min/mile.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • muscles that don't want to work anymore because you worked them so hard
  • Savasana after a sweaty, powerful hot flow ahhhhh best thing ever!
  • Getting off of the trainer after another boring workout and realizing it will be warm enough to ride outside after work one day this week instead of the blasted trainer!
  • image charlotteL:

happiness is getting under 10 min/mile.

this!

and it is also the comments from friends, saying i've inspired them to revamp their own H&F routines.

2012 Races:
    Emerald Nuts Midnight Run (4m) 1/1/12
    Coogan's Salsa, Blues, and Shamrocks Run (5k) 3/4/12
    Colon Cancer Challenge (15k) 4/1/12
    Purple Stride NYC (5k) 4/21/12
    Run to Combat Autism (5k) 4/29/12
    RnR Philadelphia (Half Marathon) 9/16/12
  • image Sadlebred:
    Getting off of the trainer after another boring workout and realizing it will be warm enough to ride outside after work one day this week instead of the blasted trainer!

Agreed. I ran outside today . . . it was 58 degrees. In NY. In January.  

?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Taking more than 30 seconds off your usual average long run pace. I crushed my 8 miles on Sunday (average pace was 9:10) - I'm still super happy about it!
    image image image
  • Blowing by that guy who tried to pass me at the end of my 5 mile run.
  • Making every Sunday indoor computrainer class since November!! (except for holidays). I'm excited to see my results once I get back to riding on the road!
  • image AGsWife:

image Sadlebred:
    Getting off of the trainer after another boring workout and realizing it will be warm enough to ride outside after work one day this week instead of the blasted trainer!

Some in Chicago!

Happiness is . . . running in a sports bra outside on an 80 degree day, sweating out all your negative energy and feeling the sun's rays on your face. 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Happiness is...doing a 5.5 mile run pain free, and not having any knee pain the day after! Woot, my knees are finally strong enough!
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• image AGsWife:

image Sadlebred:

Sadness is realizing it was warm enough to ride outside after work today but not having my lights charged and having to run a bunch of errands before getting on the trainer. Crying

• Seeing the sun come up over the mountains on my am run, and foam rolling at the end of a great workout. 

Also, Greek yogurt. 

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2eb8fet.jpg[/IMG]

<P><A href="http://asthebobbinwinds.blogspot.com/" mce_href="http://asthebobbinwinds.blogspot.com/">Tales of Bridal Alterations</A></P>
  • ...finding a beautiful new route for your long run!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • crossing the finish line without any injuries
  • The exhausted but "clean" feeling you get when you've done your long run, gotten a shower and are all stretched.