Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Tuesday Morning!

Here's hoping the Nest cooperates today! Granted, I was really productive yesterday... but I'm glad to see the board picked back up later on :)

Busy Tuesday for me... probably going to have to skip spin class today to get everything done :( But I'm going to try to go for a quick run anyways. My boss comes back from maternity leave tomorrow and we're having a baked goodies potluck to celebrate. I also need to prep a dinner to take to my uncle who is recovering from surgery. Plus, my weekly coffee date with the girls I mentor.

H is home sick today, and I'm crossing fingers I don't catch whatever he has. If I get cold #6 of the winter I'm going to be grumpy. I don't have time to get sick this week.

Anyways, have a good Tuesday, ladies and Niq!

2012 Racing Plans:
Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
...more to come!

Re: Good Tuesday Morning!

• Morning!

I'm in Canada for work conducting interviews so while it only feels like 8 am, it's actually 11am here :)  I've got a very busy two days ahead of me, but my Mom is driving up from Michigan to meet me Thursday afternoon so we can hang out for a few days and then taking me back to Michigan so I can work remotely from there the beginning of next week. I haven't been back to MI since the wedding (and that was a little hectic) so I'm really looking forward to it!

• Good morning, everyone.

I'm kind of sluggish this morning because H left his cell phone in our bedroom last night (which he never does - usually he charges it in the office / den area) and this morning at 6:42 AM some lady from Wachovia called to see if he wanted to open a checking account.  I'm sure she was some east coast call center person, but seriously - check the area code before you call.  So it woke me up and I couldn't fall back asleep.

I'm going to go make breakfast and then throw on gym clothes.  Not much planned today - going to go do an hour of cardio, then shower and meet two former grad school classmates for lunch.  I haven't seen them in months and look forward to catching up with them.  Then tutoring, and then cooking this spicy/sticky/sweet chicken (it's loosely Asian-inspired, though I'm sure not at all authentic Asian food) that is pretty easy and delicious.  I am all about easy recipes this week. 

I may try to squeeze in a nap today - we'll see.  Hope you all have wonderful Tuesdays.  Niq - hope your interview went well yesterday!

• Good morning~

I went to the doctor to confirm my double lines and yay. But they also weighed me and I got so sad. I gained 15lbs since our wedding last summer. Augh. But that didn't stop me from going out and getting a mini pie from Pie and scarfing it down.

I meant to make dinner, but when I got home I curled up on the couch and took a 2 hour nap. Woops. :P

Today, we got into work super early today but I might leave early, cause D has to stay really late, and go squeeze in another nap. Or maybe the gym...

image Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • image MerrileeKate:

Here's hoping the Nest cooperates today! Granted, I was really productive yesterday... but I'm glad to see the board picked back up later on :)

this! it was so busy in the afternoon/evening that i didn't get much done at home, like i should've Embarrassed

and dreamwinds--eat whatever you want (within reason)! enjoy! Smile

happy tuesday! i had a very good dr appointment yesterday--i'm showing signs of progress (zomg!) so baby is on his/her way soon! eeep!

i should've taken a nap after my appointment yesterday, but instead i nested. and h got this crazy idea that he wanted to clean our closet, so i had to help him with that...but our closet is completely organized now and looks awesome.

hope everyone has a great day!!! do your kegels!!!!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Dear sweet baby Jesus, I am FINALLY finished moving.  DH and I finished cleaning up the old place last night.  I am so glad to be done after these last couple weeks of moving, snowpocalypse & the slushy aftermath, catching a nasty cold, and being swamped at work.

Imagunna get my drink on at the work function thingy tonight Party!!! 

OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Morning! Today I actually have to work. ugh. It's my last day to finish up things before I start training my replacement tomorrow. I'm also going to pack up my office today so that she can settle in and make it her own. 

DH really wants me to take the light link down to Tukwila tonight to have dinner with him and a friend that is in town, but I'm really thinking a quite night at home is more what I want. I have a feeling the next few days are going to be crazy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image mgoss228:

Dear sweet baby Jesus, I am FINALLY finished moving.  DH and I finished cleaning up the old place last night.  I am so glad to be done after these last couple weeks of moving, snowpocalypse & the slushy aftermath, catching a nasty cold, and being swamped at work.

Ahhh, this was just what I needed right now.  That's one of my favorite movies.  Thanks for the laugh.  :)

Also, glad to hear you are finished moving and very excited about our new Husky pick-up.  Suck it, Cal.

• image dreamwinds:

I went to the doctor to confirm my double lines and yay.

I think I missed this announcement earlier, CONGRATS dreamwinds!!!

OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • image KimberlyS530:
    image mgoss228:

Dear sweet baby Jesus, I am FINALLY finished moving.  DH and I finished cleaning up the old place last night.  I am so glad to be done after these last couple weeks of moving, snowpocalypse & the slushy aftermath, catching a nasty cold, and being swamped at work.

Ahhh, this was just what I needed right now.  That's one of my favorite movies.  Thanks for the laugh.  :)

Also, glad to hear you are finished moving and very excited about our new Husky pick-up.  Suck it, Cal.

Agreed :)  Another reason to celebrate!

OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Good morning!

I had a weird morning. DH and I are trying something "new". I work from 9-7 on Tuesdays, and we're trying to see if we can live without my car. So, I took him to the bus stop this morning at 6:45 (after getting M up to eat), got back home with M, relaxed for an hour or so while M napped, showered, got ready, got M ready, and then got her to the nanny's at 9. Got to work a little bit ago. Then tonight, DH is going to walk home from the bus stop (about a mile), and I'll pick up M from the nanny's at 7 and head home.

I'm trying to think of another alternative so DH doesn't have to walk so far (there's a gigantic hill he'll have to climb to get home). I was thinking that he could take the bus a little bit farther and come pick up the car from my work (which would be a much shorter walk for him), go get M, and then come get me when my shift is done. I'll run it by him. He wants the exercise which is great, but it's still so cold and dark! I don't like that he'll be walking all alone...

Anyway. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image picksthemusic:
    but it's still so cold and dark! I don't like that he'll be walking all alone...

he's a boy--he'll be fine! the exercise is good for him- make sure he brings an umbrella and a rain jacket with him each day though, because weather can be so unpredictable. 

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Blurg. So far today hasn't started out great. I had to do an upgrade on our POS system last night and I did it wrong and now I feel stupid. Sad

Hopefully the day will go by quickly and I can go home. Shipment better get here before 6! :shakes fist at UPS guy: 

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Good Morning!

Today I'm hoping to get most of the main blocks for the baby quilt sewn together. We'll see how motivated I feel.. a little more so today than yesterday I think Smile 

After that is done, since it doesn't take that long to do actually, I'll probably start to clean out some things in the "baby room" since that really needs to be done! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • Morning!!! I'm so proud that is is still considered morning and I posted! Woot!

Busy busy this entire week at work. Hope everyone is well!!!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I'm running on fumes. I'm on day 4 or 5 of really poor sleep. Yesterday I was so tired after I got home from running errands after work. I barely ate dinner as I wasn't hungry, and played on the computer a little bit while drinking some chamomile tea. I then got ready for bed and took some melatonin (at 9 pm!) and went to be to read but gave up after 15 minutes and turned off my light. I did fall asleep relatively quickly, despite DH reading next to me...and then woke up at 11:30. Took me awhile to go back to sleep and it was fitful the rest of the night. I feel like someone is permanently crushing me under the eyeballs and I can feel the bags sagging. Ugh. I was cranky earlier but now I'm too tired to even be cranky! I wish this could get solved :/
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Good afternoon! I am feeling so much better! I woke up with a really bad migraine/tension headache yesterday. I knew it was going to happen Sun night, I could feel my neck muscles tightening up from being on the road for 5 freakin hours! So I had a sick day and blew through a bunch of Cold Cases. Not that invested in the show but it's something I don 't have to pay attention to 100%. Today I have just been relaxing so it doesn't come back and in a bit off to work! Tomorrow will be  productive day... hopefully.