Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How about this for suckage

At 130 this morning a drunk driver hit both of our cars. How do I know he was drunk? He left the scene and then came back and we talked to him. He ran away again when the police arrived a minute or so later.

More than likely one of our cars is totaled and possibly both. If you know of anyone who is selling a reliable car, I would love their information. 

Here are pictures in case you want to see the fabulousness of it all. 

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]

Re: How about this for suckage

• So sorry to hear this - what a nightmare! : (
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That blows!!!! I'm so sorry. I know you live in the same town as me, you should call the chief on Monday to find out what your next steps are. 
  • oh my goodness - that's awful. Indifferent  that emoticon is closest to my facial expression.
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • And hopefully he has good insurance and better than a basic policy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OMG that stinks!  Hopefully the other guy has a decent insurance policy to cover your damages.  I agree with pps- definetly contact the police chief to find out what your options are. I would also get the KBB values for both cars.  You want to be prepared in dealing with your own company or with his company in the event the cars are deemed a total loss.  Do you have coverage on the cars on your own policy?  If so, it may be easier to go through your own company (but you will be out the deductibles) and then go after his company to get the deductibles back.  Our car was totaled last year and we went through this entire process and believe me, it is so much easier to deal with your own company if possible.  Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • HOLYFUUCK!! I'm so sorry about this! I can't even picture in my mind how the hell this happened...
    image Ridin dirty
  • Seriously, that is douchetastic. I hope that it all gets resolved quickly and with as minimal problems as possible.  Sorry you have to deal with this!

• I already told you.

but this is crazycakes.  

• that is ridiculous! hopefully the situation can be resolved quickly. yuck.
  • aw man - that really sucks.  hope you get it resolved with little trouble.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that sucks big time.  He's lucky he didn't blow up your green car, he almost hit the gas tank.

• What a PITA! So sorry you have to deal with that crap.

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • What the heck! I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I can't believe the amount of damage!
    My Boys

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2d9vkzn.jpg[/IMG]
  • Holy crap! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this nonsense.

What burbs are you in?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you have to deal with this and I hope it's resolved quickly.
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/29vfnet.jpg[/IMG]
  • Thanks for all the well wishes. I was told originally that he had turned himself in, but found out that he had only contacted the police via phone, with his attorney. More than likely he'll get off on the DUI, but there are a few other criminal charges that he has to contend with.I talked with his insurance company yesterday and he said that he was texting and that's when this happened.

Hopefully the body shop will have a chance to tear the cars down today and let us know the full extent of the damages. 

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • image mzovoce:

Thanks for all the well wishes. I was told originally that he had turned himself in, but found out that he had only contacted the police via phone, with his attorney. More than likely he'll get off on the DUI, but there are a few other criminal charges that he has to contend with.I talked with his insurance company yesterday and he said that he was texting and that's when this happened.

Hopefully the body shop will have a chance to tear the cars down today and let us know the full extent of the damages. 

Good luck. That sucks big time. 

• I'm so sorry to hear that!  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers