Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Highlights from open house

In case you missed this information, I had to go to an open house at my school today.  There was a mix of old students who came through to visit, current students who wanted to share their classroom with their families, and prospective students and their parents who wanted to ask me a million and 12 questions.  Here are some highlights from the day:

1.  One of my female students was concerned that I don't have "princess hair" anymore, but she assured me that it will grow back.

2.  I was asked by a prospective mother what kind of "diversity" our school can offer.  More specifically, what kinds of people would her children be exposed to to help broaden their world view.  Hmm, let me see.  This is a Catholic school with one of the highest tuition rates in the Diocese located in a suburban area surrounded by neighborhoods of white collar families who drive Volvos and BMVs.  What kind of diversity does she think we can offer?!?! 

3.  I had at least 5 parents of current pre-K students ask me what they need to do to make sure their children are in my class next year.  I rule.

Re: Highlights from open house

• 1. Sounds like something Lilly would say.

2. BAHAHAHA yes, diversitize your child NOW or they won't get into college!

3. AWE YAY that's gotta feel good! 

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image janma529:

3.  I had at least 5 parents of current pre-K students ask me what they need to do to make sure their children are in my class next year.  I rule. 

Go you!!!  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image amcourt09:
    image janma529:

Go you!!!  

Thats awesome!!  I love when parents say nice things like that.  It can really make you feel appreciated.