Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are you reading?

I believe we did this a few weeks ago, but now that I'm back to work (and I have recently acquired a Kindle) I am going to try to start reading on my lunch break.  I am stopping at the library today to pick up Hunger Games and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.  But you chicks come up with some interesting reads so let's have it.

Re: What are you reading?

• Love my kindle and love the Hunger Games.

A couple of previous titles from my book club:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (fiction)

Unbreakable by Laura Hillenbrand (amazing true story) 

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (got a lot of hype)

• i am three quarters finished book three of the hunger games. I can loan you book one if you want it, I just need your email address, you can PM if you want or FB stalk me My next book is the one eaglesfan mentioned before about the slave and science but of course I cant remember the name of it
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • image MsKellDel:
    i am three quarters finished book three of the hunger games. I can loan you book one if you want it, I just need your email address, you can PM if you want or FB stalk me My next book is the one eaglesfan mentioned before about the slave and science but of course I cant remember the name of it

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. She was a very poor farm worker who worked the same land as her ancestors (who were slaves). Its amazing.

• I'm about a quarter of the way through the Steve Jobs biography on my nook.  It's pretty interesting so far.  You definitely realize that Jobs was a weird dude.  I loved the first book of the Hunger Games as well - I need to read the other ones soon.

• i am finishing up devil in the white city (larson) and up next are:

keys to the kingdom- graham

the nature principle- louv

how remarkable women lead

unbreakable- hillenbrand

i am obviously in the minority here but i really didn't get/like the immortal life of hl.  i just couldn't get into feeling sympathy/empathy for the family.  i am blaming it on my research science background. 

• I am reading Wicked which I tried reading before and lost interest in it.  I'm 300 pages in and losing interest again but I'm trying to get through it.  I recently read the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and loved it.  Loved the Hunger Games trilogy.  
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loving my Kindle Fire but have learned I need to be more careful with the free downloads. I made it over halfway through a book before I realized it was Christian literature. It didn't get preachy until the end and I was like..."What is going on here??? Oooooooh, now I get it."

I'm taking advantage of free eBooks from the library and am waiting for my turn for Bossypants, Is Everyone Hanging Out Witout Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and The Life of Henrietta Lacks. While I wait for those, I'm reading David Sedaris and Chelsea Handler books which were more readily available on the library system.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image NewQueen:

Loving my Kindle Fire but have learned I need to be more careful with the free downloads. I made it over halfway through a book before I realized it was Christian literature. It didn't get preachy until the end and I was like..."What is going on here??? Oooooooh, now I get it."

I'm taking advantage of free eBooks from the library and am waiting for my turn for Bossypants, Is Everyone Hanging Out Witout Me, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and The Life of Henrietta Lacks. While I wait for those, I'm reading David Sedaris and Chelsea Handler books which were more readily available on the library system.

ETA: I take that back.  Both books don't have the lending option.  Sorry, that really sucks.

Send me your e-mail address and I can lend you Bossypants and Henrietta Lacks when you're ready for them.  I just lent some to Kel and it's super easy.  You only have 14 days to read it though so let me know when you're ready to start reading and I can send them to you.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I will be taking you folks up on your offers of lending books and will reciprocate once I a) start using the kindle but b) figure out HOW to use it, ha!  Montgomery County library system also has e-reader lending available but I'm waitlisted for Henrietta Lacks (based on last week's book thread) and Is Everyone Hanging Out WIthout Me?  NQ seems like we have similar tastes!

• I'm reading the latest Jen Lancaster book, My Fair Lazy. She's a fun guilty pleasure.
  • I'm still reading The Paris Wife.. It's good but I'm not devouring books like I did over the summer/fall.
    agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • image NewQueen:

Loving my Kindle Fire but have learned I need to be more careful with the free downloads. I made it over halfway through a book before I realized it was Christian literature. It didn't get preachy until the end and I was like..."What is going on here??? Oooooooh, now I get it."

how do you hook the kindle up to the library? i have library card already! 

• im reading game of thrones and will be for the next 39439 years. 
  • image lachute:
    image NewQueen:

how do you hook the kindle up to the library? i have library card already! 

Go here: http://libwww.freelibrary.org/account/login.cfm

If you need a pin, email them. 

Then go here: http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com/B8C1AEEE-E879-4D75-AED1-958EA6A3A2A7/10/392/en/Default.htm to search the digital media, reserve and check out eBooks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am reading "Summer Island" by Kristin Hannah on my Kindle that I borrowed from the library.  I was looking for another book of hers and this one was available.  It is my first Kindle read :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker