Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Question re: your kids and the facebook

So my dad is giving me heat about putting pix of the kid on fb. He's worried about security and shits.  My profile is locked down as much as it can be but he's all, "The new Timeline is the devillllll! She has no choice about the things you're putting up there!"

IMO it's not all that different then it is now and people can see all my pix now anyway. FTR, no pix of my kid clothing-less ever make it up there...

Soooo,  if you have kids (or opinions) - what are your thougts on posting pix of your kids on fb. Will it change with the new timeline?  Is this just a generational thing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question re: your kids and the facebook

• I hate the new timeline, and this thought has crossed my mind. Both in terms of pictures of me and the kid.  I am on hyper lock down, and hate, hate, hate tagging.

However, since DH regularly tweets pictures of my kids to half of the Phillies fans in the city, there is probably not much i can do in terms of internet security. 

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I don't understand the concern about the new timeline.  Am I missing something?  I viewed it as the public and the only difference I noticed was that there are two pictures now, the profile and that cover picture, instead of one.  
  • I think there is a setting so that if anyone tags you, you have to approve it first. 
  • image amy052006:

I hate the new timeline, and this thought has crossed my mind. Both in terms of pictures of me and the kid.  I am on hyper lock down, and hate, hate, hate tagging.

However, since DH regularly tweets pictures of my kids to half of the Phillies fans in the city, there is probably not much i can do in terms of internet security. 

babyloctastic is popular.

eventhough milo's book on tumblr is open i have controls on it logging people ips and locations and some other stuff so i know who's looking at what and from where.  

• image lachute:
    image amy052006:

I hate the new timeline, and this thought has crossed my mind. Both in terms of pictures of me and the kid.  I am on hyper lock down, and hate, hate, hate tagging.

babyloctastic is popular.

eventhough milo's book on tumblr is open i have controls on it logging people ips and locations and some other stuff so i know who's looking at what and from where.  

So you know I've been stalking your adorable Milo pics and house progress?? Of course, that shouldn't surprise you since you've got first hand knowledge of my side job as an Online Investigator. Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image NewQueen:
    So you know I've been stalking your adorable Milo pics and house progress?? Of course, that shouldn't surprise you since you've got first hand knowledge of my side job as an Online Investigator. Wink 

The people i tend to take note of our people who don't come in via my nest link and are from countries that i don't know anyone in. like seriously someone googled baby snot modern and took it my tumblr. like really? 

• i'm always amazed with how much you share on the nets lachute!

and lol at amy3487398 b/c yeah, locatastico is free with the baby info for all the world to see. though i guess, who cares? 

anyway my kid will likely be photo'd on fb.  

• image stilldreaming:

i'm always amazed with how much you share on the nets lachute!

and lol at amy3487398 b/c yeah, locatastico is free with the baby info for all the world to see. though i guess, who cares? 

anyway my kid will likely be photo'd on fb.  

truth. i often think of taking the link out of the nest, but i won't make it super private, because my family is technically challenged.  my twitter is now private and my facebook is super private. ironically when you google my name the 5th picture up is mzocvze and the 6th picture up is babynumbers and mister numbers. 

when you google me the most public things are my linkden and the made in america thing i did. both are good for work related.  

• I think it's definitely a generational thing, for the most part. I have my Facebook pretty locked down, but I certainly will not hesitate to post (clothed) pics of the baby.
  • I post tons of pics and I love the timeline.  All my photos are friends only, so it doesn't really bother me

I post pics on TN/TB all the time and that is totally public. 

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • My profile is pretty locked down.  The only thing I don't like is that friends of friends who are tagged in my photos can comment on them.  I've pretty much stopped tagging people (mostly family in pics with the kid).

However, you all have made me paranoid and I had pics from the kid's birth and first bath that were full on naked and I have just deleted.

• I wish I understood the new timeline.  I have pics of our kid on there and once I understand the new timeline and how it changes things, I will have to contemplate.
  • I am a FB AW especially with my kids, maybe I am naive but I never really thought about it. I have everything as private as can be and keep a tight leash on my friend accepts, maybe i should care more... I also know nothing about the timeline, is it that much different as far as security?
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11