Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Donating used toys

Do you know of anywhere to donate your used toys to? ?A friend of mine asked me this question today and I thought you might know. ?She wants her 3 year old to learn about giving to others and wants her to willingly give up some toys to other children who need them. ?

Anything other than Once Upon a Child and Goodwill? ?

Thanks!?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Donating used toys

• I am not sure where your friend lives but, I would recommend that she call either: 

Mary Mother of Hope House II
    PHONE NUMBER: 302-652-1935
    This is an emergency women's shelter for single women with children.

or

Emmaus House
    PHONE NUMBER: 302-737-2241
    Homeless shelter for homeless families with children.

I am almost positive that both of these places will be more that grateful for anything that your friend can donate to the needy families in Delaware. I know at my job that a lot of battered woman with children get reffered to the Mary Mother of Hope House. I hope this info helps your friend.

• you can also try the ronald mcdonald house.
  • Your local Cancer Federation will come and pick up toys.  Also any house hold items, books, clothes.I cannot not find the number sorry!!!!
  • That is so great your friend is doing this at such a young age. I started doing this with my son at about 4. He now loves to clean out his room before Christmas and his birthday each year and give his toys and clothes to someone that could benifit from them more than he can anymore. For as young as he still is ( 6 ), he is greatful for all the things he does have.