Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

never seems to be in the mood

I know this is for newlywed but i have a question. My fianc? and I have been together since 2005. Since we bought our new house in July the sex has gone out the door. i feel like i always have to iniciate wanting sex, it seems like it more work for him then fun. I have tried not wanting it first and we went without sex for 2 weeks.

I know that there is a lot of stress, house, wedding this year. but ii just seems like he is never in the mood and i am interrupting his day asking for it. and if i had a stressful day and i am not in the mood its the end of the world.

Re: never seems to be in the mood

• Don't get married until you get to the bottom of this.

And don't marry him until you guys can openly talk about a problem like this.  Sex problems can destroy a marriage, so get some pre-marital counseling before you walk down the aisle. 

• Definitely find out whats bothering him... When things get stressful it can wear on you and make sex something goes to the back burner--but you have to be able to talk about it. Not to mention, talking about sex will open a lot of doors for the future of being completely happy with your sex life since you can share what each other would like or doesnt like.

• imageDaringMiss:

Don't get married until you get to the bottom of this.

And don't marry him until you guys can openly talk about a problem like this.  Sex problems can destroy a marriage, so get some pre-marital counseling before you walk down the aisle. 

Very good advice.

It could well be the stress of buying the house/planning a wedding is affecting his as well as your libido.  You two need to start talking about this, before the elephant in the room gets bigger. 

Anniversary
  • imageAbbeyS2011:
    imageDaringMiss:

Don't get married until you get to the bottom of this.

Very good advice.

It could well be the stress of buying the house/planning a wedding is affecting his as well as your libido.  You two need to start talking about this, before the elephant in the room gets bigger. 

I think you may be stressed out too.  Don't worry about it so much, but this does make sense.  Just try to talk about it before the wedding.  Things will run much more smoothly afterward.  Love can conquer a lot, but communication conquers more.