Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My calorie cutting New Year's gift to you.

I am a half and half addict for my coffee. I can't go without it, and I have never cut it out even during my strictest calorie counting times. I read about foaming your own milk at home and decided to give it a try. OMG! It is so good! I've been doing it for a month now, and I am totally addicted. I am now a 1% milk user with my coffee. It actually works better with lower fat milk. Here's what I do:

I use one of my youngest DD's cuppies (you can use anything that seals and is microwave safe). You only want to fill the container a little less than halfway up with milk. Seal and shake for one minute. Take the lid off and microwave on high 30 seconds to one minute. Watch closely as it can overflow if too frothy. Use a spoon to hold the froth back while pouring the liquid into the coffee. Then, scoop the froth on top. It is so delicious!

Happy New Year!

Re: My calorie cutting New Year's gift to you.

• Thanks for the tip. I too love half and half in my coffee Embarrassed This sounds way better for you and I love froth from coffee house coffee.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2pzyb02.jpg[/IMG]

<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I'm going to try this. I am not a half and half addict, but a flavored creamer addict, particularly pumpkin spice. 
  • I do this too...I make my own coffee with non fat organic or lactose free milk and the  fill half the mug with froth. It beats Starbucks! I also love Illy espresso pods