Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ontario girls - shopping in USA question

When/if you go to Buffalo to shop - which hotel do you use?

Do you know how much we are allowed to bring back into Canada ($) if we are gone for 48 hours?

Thanks!!

Re: Ontario girls - shopping in USA question

• I don't live in Ontario so I can't answer the first question but I know that
    48 hours= $400. Happy shopping!

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you are in the US for 48 hours or more you can bring back $400
  • I'm looking for a hotel too in Buffalo as we fly out of there in June, and I don't want to chance crossing the border before the flight...so we're going down the day before. 

I'm interested to hear reviews too!

• Have you girls ever thought of using Priceline's Name Your Own Price feature? We use this all the time for our overnight U.S. shopping trips. We live in Eastern Ontario, so we mainly stay in the Syracuse area. We usually win a hotel between $45-50. The kicker is that you can't choose the actual hotel, but you can specify area and star level, and name your own price.
  • Dar75 - great idea! Someone once told me about that website but I was scared I'd end up in a flea-infested hotel. Maybe I'll try it!

How do you do it? Just put in a really low offer and hope they accept? Or is it like bidding on ebay?

• holiday inn express at the airport, it is practically brand new.  or if I feel like splurging Salvatores and eat at the restaurant
  • We have used it probably around 12 times now for Orlando, NYC-area, Toronto, and Syracuse.We have only had one negative experience, and that was in the NYC-area. Everything else has been great! We got the Courtyard Marriott in Mississauga last year for $32/night. That being said, if you are really particular about amenites or specific location you would like to have, it may not be for you. The best suggestion I can give you, if you would like to try it, is to have a look at this website: www.betterbidding.com. People post up what bids they were successful with, and which hotels they won. It gives you a bit of strategy as to how to plan your bid, so you are not over or under-bidding.
  • I would recommend the two new hotels right by walden galleria

-Mariott Residence Inn

-Hilton Residence Inn

also, >48h  = $400 allowable

happy shopping~!