July 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How'd you do on your 2011 Goal/Wishes/Resolutions?

Since the year is winding down, I dug up our posts from this time last year:

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47124050.aspx

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47172419.aspx

How do things compare now vs. what you were hoping for?

Re: How'd you do on your 2011 Goal/Wishes/Resolutions?

• I had hoped for a quiet year, and clearly that didn't happen.

Resolutions did better - except for exercising and cooking out of my cookbooks.

• I didn't make any resolutions. I'm lucky enough that all my wishes for 2011 came true! :)
    [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3znkck5[/IMG]

my read shelf:
  • I didn't make any resolutions but my goal was to hopefully get pregnant!  I would have never guessed I would have ended this year with a wondeful baby boy!  Big Smile I love reading old posts.  Thanks Kate!!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/n6wcit.jpg[/IMG]
    Such a big boy!
  • I don't see a reply from me, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure I had a resolution at all... I think my goal was to enjoy my year with Wyatt, which I have definitely achieved :) We've had the best year of our lives and I couldn't be happier.

This year my resolution is to become healthier and more organized before the baby comes. We're already off to a fairly good start, I think... I've been working hard on the basement and have been trying to improve the way that we do things in our house to keep it from becoming a mess every day. It's a work in process, but I've been doing better. 

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2d2goeb.png[/IMG]

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt16edc4.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I was looking through the post and found out that I never posted anything last year! Smile I've never been much for making resolutions because they never seem to happen.

- One thing that we were hoping for this year was a BFP, which we got. 

- Several traveling related "things" can be crossed off of my list. I wanted to go to the Mid-west, Yellowstone National Park. Got to meet some more nesties. 

Other than that I can't think of anything else major right now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • I didn't participate last year... That was a really hard and bad time for me for multiple reasons. I was dealing with some hurtful family situations and a few other personal pains which I never posted about here. I'm in a totally different place this year and a different person as well... some of which is good, some of which I wish I could erase because it's still painful.

Right now though, I'm the happiest I've been in a really long time. The drama in my life is gone... Although I miss the family members I used to be close to, I don't miss the drama they caused. I guess I more miss what I thought they were. My other painful encounters are healing and I feel like I'm moving on with life and into some wonderful new things.

I don't mean to sound religious or preach a sermon here, but I can't help but just say that I am who I am today only by God's grace. Without the Lord helping me through everything I've dealt with the past year and a half I wouldn't be in such a good place. He's given me healing when I thought I'd never be whole again.  He helped me find joy in darkness, and He gave me the ability to forgive those who hurt me so deeply. I still don't understand the why's, but it give me such peace and hope to know that God knows all and direct me every step.

I guess you could say, things are better for me than I ever hoped they would be. :) 

• image britlee in love:

I didn't participate last year... That was a really hard and bad time for me for multiple reasons. I was dealing with some hurtful family situations and a few other personal pains which I never posted about here. I'm in a totally different place this year and a different person as well... some of which is good, some of which I wish I could erase because it's still painful.

Right now though, I'm the happiest I've been in a really long time. The drama in my life is gone... Although I miss the family members I used to be close to, I don't miss the drama they caused. I guess I more miss what I thought they were. My other painful encounters are healing and I feel like I'm moving on with life and into some wonderful new things.

I don't mean to sound religious or preach a sermon here, but I can't help but just say that I am who I am today only by God's grace. Without the Lord helping me through everything I've dealt with the past year and a half I wouldn't be in such a good place. He's given me healing when I thought I'd never be whole again.  He helped me find joy in darkness, and He gave me the ability to forgive those who hurt me so deeply. I still don't understand the why's, but it give me such peace and hope to know that God knows all and direct me every step.

I guess you could say, things are better for me than I ever hoped they would be. :) 

(HUGS) Brit! 

#1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • image britlee in love:

I didn't participate last year... That was a really hard and bad time for me for multiple reasons. I was dealing with some hurtful family situations and a few other personal pains which I never posted about here. I'm in a totally different place this year and a different person as well... some of which is good, some of which I wish I could erase because it's still painful.

Beautiful post Brit... You always touch my heart. I haven't followed up with you in a long time about some of the situations you dealt with but am glad to read here that you are doing so well.

Hugs :)

• I love Laura and Lindsays... and now they have babies... my how time flies! Praying for all of the other bfp positives to come in!

I wasn't posting much last year b/c I was in a really tough place. I couldn't go a day without crying a year ago and now... wow... life is so different. I have been blessed beyond measure. I'm happy and content with my life, totally restored and healthy... it's literally making me sit here in awe. I'm with Brit... it shows me how when I put my trust in my God, the peace and joy that comes from that can overcome any and all circumstances. I'm still single and alone but I'm content in that for now. Work is awesome. I moved into an amazing home that I found when I wasn't even looking... I have a wonderful life! I go weeks without feeling like I need to shed a tear over anything... I'm no longer hurt, bitter, angry and destroyed... I'm light and happy and free! So, though I dont think I consciously put those goals/wishes together, to be a year later and healed, restored, healthy and happy... is a miracle and I'm so so so happy.

Happy New Year everyone! :)

• Ha, I wished for healthy pets... funny how that NEVER works out for us.
    My little loves
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • My goals from last year:

-pay off all our credit cards-nope, didn't do :(

-buy another rental property-WTF did I want another one? NO THANK YOU! Glad this didn't happen.

-Win the Montana Millionaire :D Damn. Nope.

-Visit 3 states (Arizona, Illinois and Texas) Arizona-not Illinois or Texas :(

-figure out school stuff-Yes! I am applying for my masters this week!

-to be the best mama and I can be :) I think KR thinks I'm pretty awesome so I got that covered :)
    [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/volbbl.jpg[/IMG]
  • My get-pregnant "resolution" did indeed come true.  In fact.  I would have gotten pregnant right around new years!
    Our Hip Dysplasia Blog: [url]http://mackenzieshipadventures.blogspot.ca/[/url]
  • Most of mine came true! I said I'd like to PR some races and I did. I said our main goal was to save a bunch while T was deployed, and there's a big check in that column. I wished for a BFP by the end of this year, and I got that too. Only thing that hasn't happened yet is selling our houses, despite them all being on the market and some bites, but no closings in the works yet. 
    T&Y Est. 7/4/2009

• I don't do resolutions b/c I always fail miserably at them.

Mainly for 2011 I wished for a BFP, and happiness and health for my family. Ummm, those were both big fat fails. Hopefully 2012 is kinder!

My Precious Miss Maggie

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/6q86rm.jpg[/IMG]
  • Looks like I didn't post, but I was also hoping for a BFP in 2011.  I have no complaints about how the year turned out for me and my family.  I probably also would have hoped to be doing well at my job and that is going fabulously as well.  2011 has been a great year for us - fingers crossed that 2012 is too.
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)