Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

~ It's poll time! ~

1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes?

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky?

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?

Re: ~ It's poll time! ~

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?  Tomato jalapeno

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? none

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? anything and everything as it is our first summer here.

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? I think luck is what you bring to yourseld

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? SHOPPING!!!!!! You know stimulating the economy. Just trying to do my part.

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? The first thing that came to mind was carrot raisin zucchini bread ice cream, and its sounding really good to me! But then that's one of my favorite things...the bread that is.

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? Nothing concrete yet, but definitely want to do something Sunday night, Monday is a maybe or at least more low-key.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? I'm doing a 5 mile beer run in June that is going to be fun, and looking forward to all the activities but especially Seafair as we're planning to do one of the cruises to watch fireworks or something (can you tell I care about the details?).

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? NO. My birthday falls on it again this year, and despite the horrors of my last Friday birthday, I refuse to consider it jinxed.

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? Pretty much everything...I'm bored so my mind is wandering and I'd like to go to the gym and then hang out at home with my dogs and maybe go out for Thai food. I have a date-to-be that I've been putting off...

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? hmmm....salsa?

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?  probably saturday night.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? picnics at alki....don't think that really counts as a seattle event though. 

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? nope

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? i'd much rather be home....i really want to go for a run since its so nice out - and i have a huge stack of laundry that i'd rather be sorting than sitting at work

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? toasted marshmallow

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?  i don't think we're doing anything.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? nicer weather

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? no

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? just about anything.  realistically, i have a bunch of errands to run tonight, so i would do those now instead.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?  I don't really like ice cream, but maybe something sweet, like sweet potatoes, might work?

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?  Not really a celebration I participate in- I suppose I might go buy some Mexican beer or something if I feel inspired...

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes?  I love both Folklife and the Fremont Solstice festival.  Yep, I'm a hippy Wink  I haven't been digging the crowds the last few years, though.

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky?  Nah, it's just another day.

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?  Spring cleaning is on my mind, though it's not what I'd rather be doing!  I'd rather be decorating than cleaning, but the cleaning has to come first.

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?  Don't know how strange but I think carrot cake ice cream would be good.

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?  We are going to a party Saturday night and then will probably have Mexican food Monday.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes?  Seafair!!

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky?  Nope.  13 is a lucky number.

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?  Getting our house put together.

Marcie 

Our Blog

Ray III**Born at 24w4d**1 lb. 11 oz. and 13" long
    [url="http://www.thebump.com"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_preemie.gif [/img][/url]
  • 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?  Chocolate banana

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?  We're going out with the ILs on Sunday, so we'll behave ourselves.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes?  Camlann Medieval Faire in Carnation....August, I think.

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky?  Nope

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?  I long to be out in this weather, especially on the water!

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? Maybe a sweet jalepeno icecream?

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? My lil' bro's birthday is on Cinco de Mayo, so we're doing the family dinner thing... nothing too exciting.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? Bumbershoot and just enjoying the nice (hopefully) weather. 

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? No.  I always thought it'd be fun to have a Friday the 13th party... have all kinds of "unlucky" things around.

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? I'd rather be doing just about anything besides working.  Though, after reading the post (& everyone's replies) about cleaning, I feel like I should go home & clean the house. 

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?  Hmm... well whenever we go for Thai food we love us some Thai iced tea, that might be a cool ice cream flavor.

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?  Nope... I think we're going to see a movie with friends on Monday but that's non-Cinco related.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes?  I'm just hoping to make it through having the kiddo.. one thing at a time!  I used to like the Bumbershoot/Bite of Seattle stuff but the crowds get to me in my old age.

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky?  Not really.  I do notice people really do get wonky around the full moon though.

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?  I didn't go to work today!  I probably should be cleaning something or organizing, so honestly taking a survey is easy peasy.  :)

-Deborah

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? mac n chz...i kid...gross

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? nope, cinco cracks me up...people in mexico don't even celebrate...lol

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? sunshine

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? i like it for scary movies

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? packing for our trip :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? I like PV's Toasted Marshmellow

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? It's actually the anniversary of DH proposing :) So we will probably go out to Azul's for dinner.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? SUNSHINE and going out on friends' boats

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? Nope - but a fun opportunity to watch scary movies and snuggle with DH

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? I would rather be shopping

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?

Jamaican ten speed - hey, it's a drink made with heavy cream, we're halfway there!  I haven't had one in 10 years, but it was a really good drink with Midori and citrus

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both?

No plans

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes?

I'm a loser in Seattle.  We loved WOMAD at Marymoor.  Gone.  We loved Concerts at the Pier.  We even loved it when they moved it from the Pier to Lake Union.  Gone.  I don't know what to do here.  We go to the Portland Blues Fest in July.  It is a blast!  Great music on the riverfront.

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky?

No

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?

Swimming

Newlyweds since 2007
  • 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?  Wasabi flavored ice cream.

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? Hmmm. I don't know. i'll be in Cali, we might do something.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? Solstice Parade, Seafair, and just the summer in general!!

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? Nope, My birthday is on the 13th, it's a lucky number for me.

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically? Washing my car, going to Target, and buying a bunch of makeup before my discount runs out.

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work?

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? We are going to a "Cinco De Mayo" party on Saturday - My b-day is on the 6th and my friends renamed it Cinco de Karisa quite a long time ago so that really what we celebrate.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? The sun coming out for 3 days in a row

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? Nope

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?  Watching Juno and 27 Dresses that I picked up at Hollywood Video on my lunch.

• 1. IHO of BJ ice cream, what's a 'strange' ice cream flavor you think might actually work? Carrot Cake

2. Any Cinco de Mayo plans? Will you 'celebrate' Sunday night, Monday night, or both? We are going to a "Cinco De Mayo" party on Saturday - My b-day is on the 6th and my friends renamed it Cinco de Karisa quite a long time ago so that really what we celebrate.

3. What Seattle events are you most looking forward to in summer, when and if it comes? The sun coming out for 3 days in a row

4. Do you consider Friday the 13th unlucky? Nope

5. Other than work, what's on your mind and what would you rather be doing, realistically?  Watching Juno and 27 Dresses that I picked up at Hollywood Video on my lunch.